Megajolt wiring diagram (Please check)

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Armani311

Megajolt wiring diagram (Please check)

Post by Armani311 »

Hi,

I am building a 205 with a s16 engine that is going to run on twin 45 dellorto's and Megajolt. But i am a bit confused with the wiring. I made up the diagram that is attached in the file. Can someone please check if it is correct before i make a wiringloom that is incorrect. I read al the info on the site and the forum, but i am still not sure if the diagram is correct. Some more details about the setup. I bought the Megajolt unit on this site about a year ago. It has the hard rev limiter already installed. Further more i am planning on using the sequential shiftlight (as sold on this site, but i havent bought it yet). Further more i am going to use the original tachometer (205 '84 1.4gt petrol with distributor). And i am also planning on using the option switch to switch between two settings (race (101octane) en street (95octane).

My biggest concerns about the diagram are the revlimiter, the ground and the option switch. Is the ground working o.k if i connect al the wires in the loom and then feed one wire to a proper grounding point on the body. Is the revlimmiter working if i connect the wires this way? And i read something about the option switch switching between + and ground with a 1k resistor. But in the resent manual i found taht it should be connected as i did in the attachment. Ow and is there a big chance my tacho will work connect like this?

Thanks,

Armand (The netherlands)

205 s16

Armani311

Post by Armani311 »

Ow and i forgot to mention (its pretty obvious though) its a intergrated map sensor type. Further more i found some more confusing diagrams. It seams that pin 11 on the edis module is also usable as a signal to the tacho? And do i need to connect the rev limiter pin on the mjlj to the middle coilpack pin aswell? Is this the signal taht enables me to use the soft revlimiter aswell.

DAAAAAAAAA I'm really confused right now :?
205 s16

alexander

Post by alexander »

Hi, in order…
*your diagram is correct for the Hard Rev Limiter, but bear in mind that is a separate item which you install in the MJ case. It involves a bit of internal rewiring. Is that what you have?
*yes, it will be fine to connect all the earths in the loom, then run one wire to a chassis earth
*I have an option switch on my car, and I did not use a resistor anywhere.
*there is certainly a good chance that the Tach Out pin, will operate your tachometer. That is what it is for!
*Pin 11 on the EDIS4 is indeed called CTO for Clean Tach Out, and may well also drive your tachometer, or drive it when the MJ doesn’t. personally, I have never tried it.
*back on the Hard Rev Limiter. You can do this two ways. Rev Limiter inside the MJ box. That involves connecting the Rev Limit pin to the Hard Rev Limiter INTERNALLY. If you do that, you do NOT need to connect any external wire to the Rev Limit pin on the connector. OR, you can have the Hard Rev Limiter mounted elsewhere, and connect it to the MJ via that pin. You don’t need to do both. Either way, there is only ever a power wire going to the middle coil terminal. Either straight from the battery source, or from the Coil Power pin on the MJ.
*the soft rev limiter does NOT require any special wiring and does NOT use the Rev Limit pin. It is a software mechanism which overrides the timing map and sets advance at 0deg, when appropriate. It operates through the SAW signal sent from MJ, to the EDIS.

Cheers.