re dual map and turbo

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ianjenn

re dual map and turbo

Post by ianjenn »

Hi
I have a mercedes m62 supercharger with magnetic clutch fitted to a zetec via motorbike carbs. The supercharger is controlled by the megajolt and also a dashboard switch. My thoughts were that using the dashboard switch I could also switch maps so that I can have one map for the engine running normally aspirated and the second map for when using the supercharger.

the question I have is that when I change the setup to normally aspirated the load gauge changes on the megajolt screen but when I switch maps via the switch the load gauge stays as normally aspirated. So it appears that switching maps doesn't allow you to change between normally aspirated and supercharged maps. Am I missing something or does this actually matter because load is measured in percentage??? I'm very confused
cheers
alex

ianjenn

Post by ianjenn »

doh! I think I have realised. The load axis when using a Map isn't in % its in Kpa so it doesn't actually matter what the gauge displays as long as the load axis is set for the normally aspirated on map 1 and supercharged on map 2.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Correct. The software shows the gauge range independently of how the MAP is configured.

Your setup sounds very interesting! Can you share some pictures in the "powered by" gallery? :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter