What have I done wrong ?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

leom

What have I done wrong ?

Post by leom »

I'm using a Jr with a TPS. I calibrated the TPS and wrote this to memory and saved to flash. This gave me a range of O to around 235. When I start the car, the software can see the throttle opening and the revs rise but the map stays on the first load line.
I've gone in and manually changed the load bins from 0 to 100 and the readings then respond to revs and throttle.
Should I just stick in values at intervals of 10 ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Leom,

sorry for the late reply. So for the TPS units people usually change the load axis from 0 to 100% in 10 % increments, and then adjust from there. Of course, in combination with recalibrating the TPS.

So: after you adjusted the load axis, do you see the selected load bin change as throttle changes, while engine runs?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

leom

Post by leom »

Thanks for the reply.

Well not exactly.

When I adjust the load bins as you say it still stays on the minimum bin line. When I changed them from 0 to 50 with the last one as a 100 then I can see it moving with the engine running. I've calibrated the TPS but can't see where I'm going wrong.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

when you have configured in even increments from 0-100% (10,20,30...100), what does the on-screen load gauge show as you vary the throttle?

Also, when you're changing the bins, you want to make sure you click 'write' and then 'flash' to ensure it persists across Megajolt power-cycling.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter