Vacuum reservior on A series engine.

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

sizefive

Vacuum reservior on A series engine.

Post by sizefive »

I read on an MG tuning site that a small 40cc reservoir in the vacuum line between the manifold and the MAP sensor would smooth out the bounce around at idle on an A series engine..

Has anyone tried this and can they let me know if it is benificial?

Thanks

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Unless you are running a particularly sporty cam you should be fine without any reservoir at all. Only if you see significant pulsing on the signal would I bother with anything other than a normal bit of hose. Should you have problems then push a a MIG welder tip into the vacuum hose, securing with a jubilee clip if necessary, then a mini-moto fuel filter between that and the ECU.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

sizefive

Post by sizefive »

Thanks - this will save me cutting my hose up for no real advantage.

I run with a triggerwheels wheel and bracket set up - fits and works great. it was an after thought after fitting the new engine in my mini, all I had to do was undo the engine mount on that side and jack the lump up a little to get passed the radiator mount to the original bolt and the longer hex bolt that replaces it is easy to really tighten home with a hex socket and torque wrench.

It took a lot longer and a lot more expletives to remove the original bolt than fit the new bits...