not conecting to mjlj

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rozzer1275

not conecting to mjlj

Post by rozzer1275 »

Hi all

I'm helping a friend with a turbo conversion on a classic mini.

I am trying to set up his megajolt on the bench with a 9v battery but i'm not having much luck.

when i try to down load the firmware I get the following error after powering up the unit (the light comes on).

waiting for HC08 reset ACK...received 0x00 <off key>.
calibration break pulse sent. Count:1
wrong calibrate responce <0x00. must be 0xfc> target is not calibrated

what does this mean can anyone help?

it is the map sensor type think early V4
I am using a maplin usb converter and home made 9pin adaptor

my old V3 connects fine with the maplin usb converter

I have read the firmware may already be loaded and tryed conecting the V4.0.0 tuning software but I get count cylinder error?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Normally you do not need to download firmware to the unit- you should be able to establish connectivity using the configuration software.

Try using the 4.0.2 configuration software instead of 4.0.0. Also, if you are using a USB-Serial adapter, there may be a compatibility issue with the particular one you're using- try using a computer having a built-in serial port as an alternative- like a desktop PC. *if* you can connect this way, then you'll need to try a different USB-Serial adapter.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

thanks for the reply

I have tried 4.0.2 with my laptop and usb converter and get time out reading cylinder count message.

I hope to try it on my friends laptop that has a 9 pin in the next few days, which I tried previously (but I cant remember what version of the software I tried)

I have rechecked the rs to megajolt lite cable and it seams fine.

my usb converter works on my old megajolt with 3.2.1, although I have not ruled it out for giving probs with the newer megajolt.

I will also try to prove my friends 9 pin laptop on my old megajolt with the 3.2.1

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again Richard

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

I have tried 4.0.2 configuration software still no joy I get timeout reading cylinder count, what else can I try?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Have you tried it on the older laptop with the built-in serial port, using the 4.0.2 software?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

Hi yer tried it with my mates laptop with the 9pin serial port no joy, com port one was the only port shwing in devise manager so prosumed that was it,

what do you think I should try?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

On that machine with the serial port, try loading the latest 4.0.2 firmware. Does the unit's LED shine brightly when connected to your 9V battery?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

got the megajolt on to the serial port lap top and tried to load the 4.0.2 firmware to it several time but I got the following message.

Yep the light is on bright.
the 9v is new.

waiting for HC08 reset ACK...received 0x00 <off-key>
Calibration break pulse sent. (went up to)Count: 305
wrong calibrate response <0x00, must be 0xfc>. Target is not calibrated.

What does this mean?

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

Hi all thought I will update for those who are interested, after trying several laptops and an old desk top, I went about getting a new data cable, in the mean time I asked my mate to take the MJLJ to trigger wheels and try it on one of there computers. News wasnt good they could not get a conection either and they said it is fubr, badly made and not worth repairing. duh! :(

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Sorry about your problems. We sent you a follow up email- we'd like to review pictures of the circuit board.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

ar never got the email never mind!
trigger wheels fitted a new board we tried it and i worked first go ie 9v battery and it shows load on teh map sensor.
I will ckeck with my mate to see of he has the old board!
I will try my mates one on my usb converter which works with my old V3.
Thanks again

Rich

rozzer1275

Post by rozzer1275 »

No luck my mate never got it back when he ordered the new one, thanks though I will update you on the build when its running.