How can you test the MAP sensor?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Humpty

How can you test the MAP sensor?

Post by Humpty »

Yet another problem has surfaced of late....

It's currently difficult for me to test drive the car (no longer registered), but I have a suspicion that the car is not making boost.... Both the boost gauge and the tuning software are only showing vacuum whilst the engine is running....

Is there any way I can check the MAP sensor is working correctly?

And should there be an inline filter before the MJLJ's MAP port?

My current setup has both the boost gauge sensor and the MJLJ receiving their signals 'T'ed off a common line which has a filter (which came with the gauge) placed just before....

Cheers....

toenee

Post by toenee »

Turbo's won't show boost, unless there is a load on the engine.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Take the line off the manifold and blow into it with your mouth. You should be able to at least get a couple pounds of positive pressure that way, and see it on the Megajolt GUI and your gauge.

Humpty

Post by Humpty »

toenee wrote:Turbo's won't show boost, unless there is a load on the engine.
Yeah I know that, but last week at the drags I had some issues with the car... Poor fuelling mostly.... But I did notice the car was not making boost.... I suspect because of the poor fuelling.... But I thought it best to check, before the next outing.

DannyP wrote:Take the line off the manifold and blow into it with your mouth. You should be able to at least get a couple pounds of positive pressure that way, and see it on the Megajolt GUI and your gauge.
Cheers for that... Glad it's a simple test!!! :D