My 1380 mini

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rich_2137

My 1380 mini

Post by rich_2137 »

My 1380 spec
A+ block board to 73.5mm
•Megajolt ignition system
•Twin HS4's
•ported and polished cylinder head 36mm inlet 31mm exhaust
center main strap
•Billet 286 kent cam and followers
•lightened steel flywheel and back plate
•orange clutch with upgraded friction plate
•1.5 high lift roller rockers
•swiftune Alloy Duplex vernier timing gear set
•swiftune double valve springs
•1300 GT con rods (balanced)
•wedged and balanced crankshaft
•straight cut 1:1 drop gears
•Straight cut gearbox with centre oil pick up pipe, well that one is on the wish list

Il add some more later got to go to work lol
[/img]

BRUCEROE

Post by BRUCEROE »

Great work, nice pictures. Did you remove one tooth from the trigger wheel before installing the engine? Bruce Roe

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Nice work and a lot of time spent there. :shock: It should go like the preferable!!!!!!!

I believe your VR sensor mount may cause you vibration issues though, just so you are aware. The mount needs to be as rigid as possible to prevent from moving and causing problems at certain revs.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

rich_2137

Post by rich_2137 »

Thanks guys il try and have some videos up soon of it running, at tho mo it runs but its a bit dodgy, il aslo get some pics up where iv mounted the megajolt module too.

Rich

Kerrin

1380 mini

Post by Kerrin »

Hi

Looks like a nice engine build, I really should put an x pin diff in mine but I have to build up the courage to take the motor out and change the diff especially as there are no oil leaks just now.

I ran a swiftune sw5 cam in the end but have got a 286 scatter to try in it at some point, would be interested to see how you find it with the MJ.

rich_2137

Post by rich_2137 »

Hi

Long time since the last post but i had my engine rolling roaded for the first time around a month ago just to get the basic settings so i could run the engine in, it managed to get 111bhp at 5750rpm as its been limited to that until iv do around 1000 miles, im really pleased as he said that there is more to come on the final set up :D he ended up putting AAU needles in the carbs but seems to think he might have to customize them on the final set up :?

I've now done just under 1000 mile so its time for an oil and filter change reset the tappets and take it back to him but im having a bit of an issue getting the settings right on the megajolt as hes not familiar with the system, need to make sure the cranking advance is correct and things like that before I do, but he will enter the ignition timing once on the rolling road.

I'll let you know how the full set up goes once its done

Rich