No idea where to start

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

plunger

No idea where to start

Post by plunger »

So i bought the serial usb connector. installed the cd that came with it. I have the configuration software installed on my computer (it has windows vista installed). I can not install any one the controller firmware. Every-time i install it, i click on it , it asks me if i want to save it or open it, i click open . a little black box wiht white writing appears then disappears right away. I turn on my car wiht the cable installed, at the bottom it says "no seriel connection", so i assume i have to somehow get the controller firmware installed right? How do i do that? Btw, the cars missfiring right now on the edis, its firing but it wont run. So lost right now and this is the only place i can get help, nothing local :cry:
its a v4 mjjr.

plunger

Post by plunger »

im going to try and get a friends computer and try that. hopefully it works.

plunger

Post by plunger »

no one has a pc, so i just bought a notebook wiht windows xp, its doing the same thing./ what program do i need to open the controller firmware thing where it flashes then its gone.

plunger

Post by plunger »

so i plugged it back in. now i have igniton config 1 active, timeout reading cyld. count. when i crank it, i get 98 kpa and 12 for igniton advance. iv read everythign over and i have no idea where to go now.

turns out i set the missing tooth up with tdc insted of 90 degrees before. the engine now runs on the edis. when i run the megajolt, i get the data timeout bs. Which i dont understand because it can read the pressure and it gives me the 12 degrees in timing. when the enignes runnin i dont get a rpm signal either.
I bought the assembled v4 megajolt kit so i dont think thats it, it can read pressure so i think the usb seriel cable is fine(i bought one with a chip in it). only thing i can think of it beinge is the fact that i cant download the controller firmware. its saying it cant download a .s19 file. any ideas what to do from here?

Patriq

Post by Patriq »

Firstly, why do you want to update the firmware ? If you bought a ready assembled it should have come with latest firmware ? (unless you've been told something else)

Secondly, you need to set upp trigger wheel correctly in relation to TDC.

Thirdly, it seems the MJLJ unit and EDIS isn't communicating ? Since engine starts, and runs - the EDIS unit is working and the VR-sensor is correcly connected to EDIS.

But since you don't see rpm in the configurator, MJLJ isn't getting that info from the EDIS-unit.
I would check your connection between EDIS and MJLJ.
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand now !

plunger

Post by plunger »

figured it out. thanks for the help, went out and shelled out 62 bones for a new seriel usb connector. works like the dogs dangles. I guess the first one worked but wasent transfering information fast enough, the new one does :D the first one was a staples on that was 65ish and the one i bought today was from future shop, dynx i think.