Homemade trigger wheel Jeep Tornado 230 cu in straight six

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pavel5

Homemade trigger wheel Jeep Tornado 230 cu in straight six

Post by pavel5 »

Because I'm crazy, I decided to make my own triggerwheel and attach it to the back of the harmonic balancer on our '65 Jeep engine. Having the trigger on the back of the balancer means there is no interferance with the front cross member that is very close. I'm coming up to the wiring stage - wish me luck!

Pavel in BC
Attachments
wheel bolted to the harmonic balancer at the back. This will allow easy belt changes
wheel bolted to the harmonic balancer at the back. This will allow easy belt changes
wheel in place.jpg (232.16 KiB) Viewed 14493 times
homemade 12 gauge steel 36-1...too much work
homemade 12 gauge steel 36-1...too much work
triggerwheel.jpg (191.02 KiB) Viewed 14497 times

pavel5

Post by pavel5 »

Here's the Jeep in all her splendor
Attachments
What a beauty!
What a beauty!
Willys wagon.jpg (244.24 KiB) Viewed 14490 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

I like the triggerwheel, looks like an excellent home made job to me. Are you in some sort of engineering trade , it looks excellent.

Liking the Jeep too, not totally my taste but looks different which i like. It kind of a cross between a landrover, morris traveller with some london taxi cab rear wheel arches. Very different. And the opposing windscreen wipers are ace, do they have seperate motors or are they linked together???
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

pavel5

Post by pavel5 »

You are very kind to ask about my possible engineering background but sorry, I was a high school Biology teacher for 27 years! I'm just a tinkerer and we'll see if the trigger wheel works...

Yes, the old Willys was not totally to my taste either - I'm more a large and small Healey, Volvo guy. But the funny thing is the Willys has really grown on me - something about its lumbering primitiveness, it has a certain charm. The wipers are vacuum controlled (hope that won't influence the MAP sensor in the MJLJ negatively) and are hooked together with pulleys and cable drive - even more useless than the old Lucas wipers.

Cheers and thanks for the responses

Pavel in Canada

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for sharing! what a great job you did on the trigger wheel!

Glad to see another Canadian user. Are you in the Vancouver area?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

pavel5

Post by pavel5 »

Hello Brent: Yes, I'm in Vancouver and really looking forward to trying out your MegaJolt (V4) unit. Hope to have the wiring done soon and will post some more pictures. I flunked AirCare with too high HC & CO readings and hope the upgraded ignition will help the old Willys pass. The problem is she smokes a bit which will influence the Hydrocarbon values even with the superior EDIS ignition system.

Cheers

Pavel up north