Okay ...this is weird

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

volksnut

Okay ...this is weird

Post by volksnut »

Well while waiting for my MJ to come in I started the car to see if I"m getting the 10 degrees btc. in limp mode (VW horizontally opposed cylinder firing order 1-4-3-2) Well at first nothing, no problem VR polarity was backwards...tried again and it started but ran ruff, like running on 2 cylinders (a/f gauge was way off the charts lean)...yep sure enough #1 and #2 pipes were hot #3 and #4 were cold....checked for spark....WOW and what a spark, checked for fuel and yep that carb is squirting fuel...anything I'm missing ?
Last edited by volksnut on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

It's funny, if you navigate around long enough you'll get the answer you need....it appears I was going by the numbers on the coil as cylinder #'s ....I had #1 and #4 firing on the same coil and #2 and # 3 together on the other....well well now I know better, but I finally figured it out....go ahead rib me I can take it :oops:

Gassed'58

Post by Gassed'58 »

Glad to hear you have it sorted. The good thing about your posting is it will help someone else with the same problem.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Good for you, my VR was reversed also. I did luck into the correct firing order, though.