Another small step for man kind UPDATE!!!!

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

volksnut

Another small step for man kind UPDATE!!!!

Post by volksnut »

Well not really, but I did start on my EDIS ignition system, I got the hard parts gathered and after looking around and scratching my head, I got the pulley and vr sensor installed....it came out straight and true, more updates to follow.
Attachments
cranktrigger.JPG
cranktrigger.JPG (197.22 KiB) Viewed 20982 times
Last edited by volksnut on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

That came out NICE! Now just get rid of that funny "Bosch" thing in the background :lol:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That looks super clean! I wish our ChumpCar LabRat looked that good. But then, it wouldn't look like a $500 race car. :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

yesterday I made a coil mount out of some scrap aluminum I had laying around and mounted it to my fan shroud, and today ran some wires from the coil and vr sensor to the rear package tray where I'll mount my electrical goodies
Attachments
coilinstalled.JPG
coilinstalled.JPG (234.96 KiB) Viewed 20893 times
ediscoil.jpg
ediscoil.jpg (236.27 KiB) Viewed 20893 times

paulc

Post by paulc »

on this note - do you guys know where you can get a distributor plug for a T1?

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

That is a good one from boost engineering. I cut the top off an old distributor and made a press fit into a new oil filler. Of course I smeared JB weld on it so no leaks. I guess you could cut off a distributor and drill/tap it for a plug also, if you don't want to order anything.

You already know this, but don't forget to pull the distributor drive AND the two washers, they could ruin your day if left in there!

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

UPDATE today, Finished and installed the vacuum reservoir and removed that "funny Bosch thing" with a Boost Engineering distributor plug...nice deal
Attachments
distributorplug.JPG
distributorplug.JPG (234.93 KiB) Viewed 20777 times
vacuumtanker.JPG
vacuumtanker.JPG (230.74 KiB) Viewed 20777 times

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

Well today I bought some plug wires for a Crown Vic and went to install but it seems I've thrown away all my spark plug terminal nuts that screw on the end (hope you can buy them separate?) of the spark plugs...tomorrow is another day. Also today I installed my new improved vacuum reservoir...it's small 3/4" X 6"
Attachments
tank2.JPG
tank2.JPG (229.84 KiB) Viewed 20746 times

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

Today I got the intakes done, I went with the steel brake line route for getting vacuum to the reservoir , pressed fit with loctite....tomorrow I sync the carbs and check for leaks
Attachments
12intake.JPG
12intake.JPG (230.19 KiB) Viewed 20705 times
34intake.JPG
34intake.JPG (237.34 KiB) Viewed 20705 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Can i make 2 points which would help prevent charge robbing between each port and produce a more stable MAP signal.

1) Use some proper vacuum tube. Its normally made of nylon and has a much smaller diameter. Normally larger tubing increases pulsing going to the sensor. Proper vacuum tube can be sourced from a scrapyard plus it doesn't deterioate??? (perish), although the rubber joints do.

2) Although it looks better, having a y piece nearer the carb again it makes it easier for charge robbing. Make the lengths between carb and y piece as long as possible and this will also improve your signal to the map sensor.

The way i look at it is you want it as hard as possible to be able charge rob betweeen carbs so tubing as long as possible, as it has twice the length to get through, hence more difficult. And as small as possible so the smallest vacuum possible could be robbed between carbs/inlets.

Follow these rules and you will get a better stronger idle and an improved MAP signal.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

Nitropixie I see your point, the tubing is only 3 /16" i.d., it's a bit large looking on the outside though (double walled) so it looks big...I can also run separate lines to the reservoir if need be, I did the tee to clean it up a bit (lots of stuff going on around carbs) Thanks for the tips/feedback

miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

I doubt charge robbing will be an issue, it's just little bits of tubing. You're just worried about it because you drive an A-series, Nitro! lol I know all about it trust me, I have an Innocenti 1000 in the garage. :)
Turbo-the only way to fly!

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

Okay guys, I'm so happy I'm giddy...I installed the MJ last night and checked timing and yep...it was advancing, so off for a drive with the default setting, drove very nice too....so today I went a bought me an serial/usb adapter and installed the driver and hooked it up, found it needed to be on Com3...wow...this is cool, I have a video so bare with me, I'm happy...next I'll try to modify the map. Oh there is a bit of hesitation but a new map with fix that
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=HTUnJoKdUAU

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

All finished, currently running DannyP's map.....this is fun
Attachments
motor1109.JPG
motor1109.JPG (236.74 KiB) Viewed 20410 times