No RPM, no advance, only TPS

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Salamander

No RPM, no advance, only TPS

Post by Salamander »

Hi.

I have a MJLJ v3.0 for 2 years in my mini, no problem, now I pait the car and the shift light not work, the laptop only show me the TPS, the rpm and ignition advance not work, I check the lines are OK, I change the VR sensor and the EDIS module, the same problem.

The MJLJ work fine, but now I don't know what happend, I read the "frequently answers", no solution.

sorry my bad english

Last edited by Salamander on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Please check the PIP line to the MJLJ. This is the line that provides the RPM signal to the MJLJ.

See this section for testing the voltages and signals for the MJLJ:

http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... ng_Signals

It is for the V4, but the tests are identical for V3.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Thanks Brent.

I test the lines

between the pin1 EDIS module and ground I have 1.15v abd running 0.75v. I check the line in the EDIS and the MJLJ the same volts

Pin3 EDIS 0.01v and ground show me 0.01v and running 0.2v. I install a new line in PIP signal and the same volts

I check all the lines are ok, I don't know what happend if my MJLJ work fine time ago :?

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I test the volts in pin1 and 3, but I try with the new MJLJ v4, the 12v in PIP signal is OK.

My problem is the MJLJ 3 or not?
but the engine no start with MJLJ 4, not spark, I change the VR wires polarity and nothing. only read the MAP sensor.

Can you guide me to check my V3, bad solders can not see. :(

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I make a test of 5v and 12v in the circuit, all fine.

when I connect de V3 the volts in PIP3 falls to 1.15v I disconnect the V3 te pip vols is 12 or more.

I dont' know, V3 not read RPMs and advance, and V4 read MAP but don't start and de PIP3 is 12v :oops:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

The problem in your V3 might be with the MAX232A. You might want to try replacing that chip and see if your PIP signal appears normal and you can get an RPM reading.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

OK, I change the 232 tomorow

look this,
the v4 works with 12v-gnd-pip and saw, all good.
the v3 I connect the same wires and no signal to PC, only tps

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Now I change the 232, the line pip1 is 12v :lol: and 6.5 running
but, no conection laptop :cry:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

thanks brent for your time.

I folow the lines of the circuit and all is correct ( http://www.autosportlabs.net/asl_dist/m ... v3_sch.png ), I connect again the MJLJ and all works, the problem is the 232, I dont' know what is the problem in my mjlj, is posible a high voltage burn the 232? my shift light (leds burn) :(
lost spark of the coil pack burn the MJLJ, it's possible?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It looks like your MAX232a was damaged for some reason. Possibly a voltage spike in your car's electrical system. Is your V3 working correctly now, 100%?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

brentp wrote:It looks like your MAX232a was damaged for some reason. Possibly a voltage spike in your car's electrical system. Is your V3 working correctly now, 100%?
yes, works 100% thanks Brent