any know if this will work?

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

chris.rawe

any know if this will work?

Post by chris.rawe »

i just brought this from trigger wheels and i think its the same as the diode trick mentioned for the 14cux rangerover ecu pickup. the write up said this

'Tacho driver module for coil-driven rev counters
Suitable for Megasquirt, Megajolt and many other ECUs the tacho driver allows you to retain your existing coil driven rev counter. If you have a recent rev counter accepts the 5 volt output of most ECUs then you do not need one of these.'

the attached picture is of the product, it is just 4 wires to each negative from the coils running through...something.....and then to the tacho, or in my case the pickup point for the ecu? i'am going to give it a start at the weekend, anyone have any wisdom whether it will work or not...lol :lol:
Attachments
tachodriver130.jpg
tachodriver130.jpg (2.4 KiB) Viewed 5583 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Chris,

I'm not familiar with this adapter, and the picture you posted is difficult to see, but it looks like a a packaged version of the typical coil pack adapter documented here:

http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... back_pulse
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

TwoSheds

Re: any know if this will work?

Post by TwoSheds »

After I assembled mine into the main MJ box on an additional bit of veroboard, I realised I could have done this - just assemble the four diodes and a zenner together and encapsulate with heat-shrink - a much neater solution, however mine is connected with shielded cable so I can still feel a little smug :)

chris.rawe

Post by chris.rawe »

great cheers for they reply, i had a look at that article brent but got a bit confused..lol , which is why i took a stab at this product, it looks like it does the same job just comes already built as i'am not the best at electronics. once again cheers for getting back i'll let everyone know how i get on

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

cng1 on this forum operates at trigger wheels so he may be able to shed more light on it if you need any more info.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

chris.rawe

Post by chris.rawe »

sweet cheers

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Hi Chris,

As others have suggested the Trigger-wheels tacho adaptor is a packaged version of the standard diode+zener circuit. It should just plug in and work but in the unlikely event that you have any problems just drop us a line.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com