installing trigger wheel

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

95_sti_cur

installing trigger wheel

Post by 95_sti_cur »

Hi guys,
can someone direct me to any post explaining how to fit/center a trigger wheel on a pulley at home, without going to a machineshop.
Basicly what I'm asking is, is their way to center the trigger wheel on a pulley at home (for welding of course), with a maximum of 1mm offcenter?

Ruben Specht
95 JDM Subaru WRX_STI_RA
Curacao Dutch Caribbean

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Dont measure twice and cut once, measure lots more times and only lightly tack weld then measure lots of times again. If need be grind off welds and do again.

It is difficult and if it doesn't run true you could take it to a machine shop and get them to lathe it true but then the teeth wont be equal.

Probably better to bite the bullet to be honest.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

cng1

Post by cng1 »

1mm of misalignment is too much. You need to aim for 0.25mm.

You can actually get to 0.25mm purely by eye though. Just find a reference on the pulley and if the gap between that and the wheel looks precisely equal then it probably is good enough. What I would recommend though is once you think you have it right clamp the wheel down and measure the runout using a dial test indicator on a magnetic stand. Alternatively you can accomplish the same thing by putting something next to the wheel and turning it round until you can hear the teeth just brush against it as it turns. Then go round with a feeler gauge and measure the gap between that and every sixth tooth.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

magicecu

What kind of trigger wheel and crank pulley

Post by magicecu »

As the subject says and have you any pictures. I done my K-series in one go without any special tools.