Upcoming GC8 sti type RA from the carribean

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

95_sti_cur

Upcoming GC8 sti type RA from the carribean

Post by 95_sti_cur »

Hello guys and girls,
After some time lurking around seeking the solution from my problem, Ive ordered the Edis-4 kit and the assembled Megajolt Jr V4, and received them yesterday.
My problem was, I've a JDM Subaru WRX Sti type RA, wich I bought with a front collision, I,ve repaired it and installed a front mount intercooler. With my first driveout after repair and paint job, the car ran bad with misfires and bugging, because the mixtures was way lean with the fmic. So I needed a way to increase my fuel delivery, I obted for a microtech fuel only ECU and 740cc injectors, wich corrected the problem with some tunning. With this setup the car ran 13.40sec@100mhp at the 1/4 mile track.
But last month the speedometer cable broke(to much speed :D ) , sending the car in limp mode, this car speed sensor is behind the dash cluster driven by this cable, won't pass 4500rpm. I always tought that this was fuel related cutoffs but to my surprise it is ignition related and cuts off ignition, so very annoying, so far I've replaced the cable but I don't want this to happen again. So I tought I will have to buy a full engine management, but don't have the money, and Ive the tunning experience with my Microtech, so I obted for megajolt, hope they will work fine together, the microtech only needs the tachometer signal from the megajolt to work so I see no preoblem.
When it is installed I will post some photo's and info.
My only problem is the ignition wires, those in the kit are short, and this car is cop, so I will have to make my own set of wire, this is boxer engine, I'm planning to put the coil on the intake manifold and run the wires to the plugs, can I use the 4.6l mustang wires are they long enough?
Thanks in advance.

Ruben Specht :D
Curacao Neth. Anth.
95 JDM Subaru WRX_STI_RA

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the project info so far!

Do earlier subaru engines come with standard wasted spark ignition with coil packs? If so, you should be able to "back-date" to that configuration and use the subaru coil packs and plug wires, making for a convenient installation, perhaps even bolt-in. The EDIS module should work fine with most any coil pack.

Do keep us posted on your progress.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

95_sti_cur

coilpack waste-spark

Post by 95_sti_cur »

Yes, non turbo subaru's came with the coil-pack on the intake with the coil wires to the plugs, so I will go this route, alltough it will not look clean but is not my concerne.

Ruben Specht
95 JDM Subaru WRX_STI_RA
Curacao Dutch Caribbean