15 Minute Presentation

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

NITROPIXIE

15 Minute Presentation

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hey guys

I have to do a (Death by) Power point presentation as part of my course next Thursday and so i thought i would do it on Ignition Systems.

I'm planning on doing it from basic magneto systems, to distributor, to distributorless systems + complicated systems such as Twin sparks. I am aiming at people who just about know what a spark plug looks like, so i wont be going into equations or anything, but obviously will detail the need for change in timing, and what parameters on an engine alter timing, ie load and rpm.

So far i have got the Wiki page on it, some odd phots off spark plugs, description of hot and cold spark plugs with examples. If people don't mind could i please use some of your photos found on here, if they are of use and if people have any pics of individual items of there systems would they mind sending me them.

Plus if anyone knows of any good websites for getting some half decent flash videos would be even better

Many thanks

Ryan
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ryan,

Feel free to use the information and images on the Wiki.

When you're done with your presentation, I'm sure we would love to see it as well!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Feel free to use anything I have posted if it will help you out. Thanks for asking, most people don't bother today!

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Thanks guys. I have hopefully finished it by now. I have a few pics from autosportlabs and will post what i have.

For the presentation i have included:
How a simple coil works to make a spark
Magneto Ignition
Fundamental of static ignition
The need for Variable Timing and what parameters are required to change it, load and rpm
Distributor ignition
Kettering
Electronic with mechanical advance and electronic
Distributorless Ignition
Wasted Spark
Twin Spark
Megajolt - obviously

Hopefully i haven't overloaded it with too much information as i'm aiming at people who don't really know or have little understanding.

I will post up what i have done once finished

Again Thanks Guys
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available