trigger wheel lycoming engine

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Dave Pruit

trigger wheel lycoming engine

Post by Dave Pruit »

I have a lycoming 0-540 aircraft engine on my airboat that I am converting the ignition on and was wondering if anyone has fabricated trigger wheel for this engines.
Thanks Dave.

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

I can not help you but I would really like to see photos of that set up!!!
Respectfully

Dean

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Hi Dave.

Whilst there isn't a specific wheel for your installation take a look at www.trigger-wheels.com as I'm sure one of our universal wheels will suit.

Chris

Dave Pruit

pictures to come

Post by Dave Pruit »

Dean as soon as I get started on this project I will post pictures. As of now I have been gathering parts.
Thanks Dave

Dave Pruit

two edis 6 running from one trigger wheel and sensor

Post by Dave Pruit »

Brentp you emailed me that you have to synchronized to run both edis 6 on same trigger. Is there anything special that has to be done in order to connect both edis to same trigger. Drawings would help thanks Dave.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Dave,

To run two EDIS modules in parallel, you would simply take the VR sensor output wires and feed them to the two EDIS modules in parallel.

Backing up a level: Is it possible to run your engine on just one spark plug? Perhaps you can get your system working with one spark plug per cylinder, and then when you know it's basically working, you can then add in the second EDIS module.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Dave Pruit

TWO EDIS SYSTEMS

Post by Dave Pruit »

YES I FULLY INTEND TO KEEP ON OF THE MAGS OPERATIONAL UNTIL I GET THE BUGS WORKED OUT. IN FACT THE WAY I AM GOING ABOUT THIS I WILL GROUND BOTH MAGS OUT AND LEAVE THEM ON THE ENGINE. THIS WAY IF I HAVE PROBLEMS WILL ONLY HAVE TO INSTALL PLUG WIRE AND RESTART ON MAGS.
THANKS DAVE

Dave Pruit

Post by Dave Pruit »

BRENTP I WANT TO USE AN AUX SWITCH ON THE AUX INPUT TO TO CHANGE THE IGNITION TIMING FOR DOCKING. WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS TO SLOW THE RPM OF THE MOTOR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO EASE UP TO DOCK. I READ ABOUT A SEPERATE IGNITION CURVE BUT HOW WOULD I DO THIS

THANKS DAVE

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Dave,

To switch between maps you would wire in the "Option Switch", documented here:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... ion_Switch

How to use it in the software:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Op ... igurations

P.S. : friendly tip - it's better to not type in ALL CAPITALS- it makes it seem as if you are "shouting".

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter