plug wire for edis 6

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Dave Pruit

plug wire for edis 6

Post by Dave Pruit »

I am looking for the longest plug wire set I can find for the edis 6. Having trouble finding part numbers or vehicles they were used on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dave

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

I was just at the parts store the other day and was looking at the following for my porsche as the ones for the 4 cylinder cars are way to short.

The applications I looked at were:

1994 mustang have four that are long and the ends are nice and compact with a slight offset. Depending on the set up you have it may be the ticket. The Coil pack on these cars is mounted in front of the motor

Here is a picture of them

1991-1997 Lincoln town car with the 4.6 has really long ones BUT the end that goes no the plugs is a bit different. It is a heavier longer strait piece that really had a positive snap on to the plugs. It is this way as the plugs on the OHC 4.6 are way down in the heads. The wires come out the side of the top of the piece that snaps on to the plugs

The ones for the 4.6 It actually would have been perfect for my application but the wires were just to long.

I ended up with the ones from the 1994 3.8 V6 mustang (I only use the 4 longest) BTW Bosch wires were $36.00 with a lifetime warranty The AUTOZONE house brand were $30. I looked at them and I swear they were exactly the same as the Bosch wires. For $6 I went with the Bosch.

The Lincoln wire were $56 for the Autozone and $76 for the Bosch

Picture of the Lincoln Wire set. For scale the ends are about 8 inches long.

If you need measurements of the Mustang wires let me know.
Respectfully

Dean

Ryanesque

Post by Ryanesque »

I don't know if you're still paying attn to this post, but I would love it if you could get me the measurements. I need a set for my Corvair (pancake 6)..

I'm going to need to change out the ends too. Since Corvairs are aircooled there's a little dunot like end that seals against the top shroud.. do the rubber ends come off the wire or are they bonded on?

Thanks,
Ryan

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

Give me a day or two but yes I will get measurements of the ones for the 6 cylinder. I have old ones that I can see how the ends come apart as well. If you need info o the V8 ones I can get that as well just will take a little longer as I have to get to the parts store. The guys at the counter have no problem letting me do that kind of thing. I am "That guy" as I was told by the manager. Putting ford parts in a porsche they think you are some sort of guru or something Kind of funny if you ask me.
Respectfully

Dean

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Ryan, I used airseals from a VW wire set, I think a Scat set, but Bosch airseals are similar. Slipped them right onto Ford OEM wires.

Type1 VW-based engine.