My mini

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Steve d

Post by Steve d »

Looking good keep up the good work 8) 8)

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Just been for a first big 200 mile drive to see my parents for xmas, with my better half in the passenger seat and xmas presents in the back. There is no heater, as it produces too much steam, and it was brrr freezing. We did try setting off yesterday but couldn't see anything through the windscreen so a £20 12v electric heater which just demists the windscreen and we managed to set off.

She wouldn't go past 60 mph on the flat, just made 70 mph down hill. My last minute.com air filter to reduce induction noise, which consisted of a thick sock and tie wrap, wouldn't let enough air through.

Well fun and games had and lessons learned. First lesson, don't take the better half in a car with little creatue comforts, stiff suspension and no heating. Nice to now engine holds together well anyway.

Next stage, get heating lol
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Just done another 200 mile trip, so i'm getting the engine well run in. I've been constantly looking at the oil pressure and temperature gauge and everything is good so far except the clutch is on its way out already, oops. :oops:

Fuel economy has been much better than expected. For 200 miles it cost me around £23 of BP's regular petrol and i wasn't going overly slow either but the roads were empty and it is only a mini. Hopefully with some more running in it may get better. I can't believe how quick the lil beast is and how smooth the engine runs, a tribute of the megajolt unit. I can cruise in 4th gear from about 30 mph comfortably upto, ahem, what ever i reached on the motorway.

Next on the agenda is to touch up the body work in a few places and a full body spray with some decorative stickers down the sides, wink wink.

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

My mini in the snow and looking sad, but road legal.
Attachments
Mini in the snow 1.jpg
Mini in the snow 1.jpg (93.2 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
Mini in the snow 2.jpg
Mini in the snow 2.jpg (98.44 KiB) Viewed 8436 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Here are the boys! 3 golfs are my sisters (as pictured) and all bought within the last year. I want to put a jolt on at least one of these but my sister keeps saying no.

And my mini again at the end. Its back in car club as the cylinder head got a crack in the valve seat so i'm currently reconditiong a spare which i didn't know i had lying around in the car club I'm currently deshrouding the valves myself with a dremel. I think the engine builder who skimmed my head took too much off it and the compression was much too high.

MegajoltD will probably go on at least one of these when its released.

The cabby is having all the work done on it at the moment which includes powder coated suspension components. It will be a looker for the summer. The white one will take along time to complete and will hopefully be pretty much concours condition, as best we can. And the black one which wasn't a gti but has gti running gear will be the runt of the pack but with a bit of a punch.
Attachments
The boys 1.jpg
The boys 1.jpg (33.59 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
The boys 2.jpg
The boys 2.jpg (35.48 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
The boys 3.jpg
The boys 3.jpg (38.84 KiB) Viewed 8227 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Well i'm afraid to say my mini has not been drivin for a bit lately. The cylinder head cracked on one of the valve seats, and i've been in the process of rebuilding another i had lying around, when i get time and funds.

Also my new wife isn't a great fan of the noisey little thing and as we have just finished paying for our wedding there isn't much expendable cash to get my toy on the road and looking slightly prettier, boo :(

So hopefully this Winter i will be able to finish the mini off so its looking in a more presentable condition and just requires tax and insurance to get back on the road, when we can afford or if i get some pocket money, lol.

As for the golfs, I already have the black one stripped down and have the shell on a home made dolly. The firewall was a bit blessed and a few other places but it is gaining progress slowly. The rear axle has been stripped and repainted (hammerited). I would like to get the parts powder coated but again funds wont allow. I wont be stripping the engine into its component pieces and will run its as i got it (but looking prettier) so if it does give in then i will spend money on it.

Thats all folks

Ryan ;)

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

I hear a two litre conversion on a Golf is the way forward ;)

Sorry to hear about the cash flow matey... wives tend to do that, 'specially on the initial "Home Making" front, I personally was skint for years after we got married (ended up having to keep resurecting a Metro (great car and good ole A series engine so perfect for on a budget) In the end it was a case of getting the (her) spending under control and setting up a joint account, that way at least I had toy money :D My gosh, marital advice on a car forum, lol. Apologies, went off on a ramble.