My mini

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

NITROPIXIE

My mini

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Wahey managed to work out how to post pics at last so here is my lil project

It started life as a 998cc mini city, but is now kind of a retro street racer type with the following
rebored 1310 A Series (not A+)
uprated cam and springs
MG metro head with larger valves and unleaded
lightened flywheel and balanced bottom end
orange diaphragm clutch
hiff 44 with bdr needle and ram pipe
maniflow lcb and dual box centreexit exhaust
cinqucento front mounted rad with spal blower
down sized from 12" to 10" wheels with cooper s 7.5" disc brakes
Fibreglass flip front with spotlights moulded in bonnet
centre clock conversion with a modern voltage stabilizer modification (out of a vw polo/fox)
home made ali dash
home made 16 fuse and 4 relay wiring loom, with fuses and relays mounted on dash

Cost - who cares but 2 years of building and some of my finger lol

requires - a spray
Attachments
How she looks at the mo, give me a shout if you like or dislike the bonnet lights
How she looks at the mo, give me a shout if you like or dislike the bonnet lights
24102008306 (855 x 642).jpg (141.06 KiB) Viewed 27695 times
trigger wheel and vr sensor mounting
trigger wheel and vr sensor mounting
17102008251 (855 x 642).jpg (164.53 KiB) Viewed 27695 times
engine from above
engine from above
23102008293 (855 x 642).jpg (199.86 KiB) Viewed 27700 times
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

TwoSheds

Re: My mini

Post by TwoSheds »

Now THAT is a Trigger Wheel :)

I like the bonnet lights - vaguely reminiscent of a Frogeye.. Mmmm :)

Rog

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Thanks Rog

I prefered to mount my VR sensor this way as all the brackets i'd seen always look to flimsy, plus any sideways vibration wouldn't alter the signal produced. The VR bracket is recycled from the old radiator bracket.

The bonnet was an ebay special for a tenner.
Attachments
Part of what the build has cost me, lol - Others Beware, don't stick your hand near a running engine
Part of what the build has cost me, lol - Others Beware, don't stick your hand near a running engine
02102008137 (855 x 642).jpg (78.74 KiB) Viewed 27672 times

Alexander_Monday

Post by Alexander_Monday »

:cry: Ouch!
There are 10 types of people.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

alexander

Post by alexander »

commiserations about the finger, and looking it, i am hopeful that it wont interfere too much with the purposes to which one puts ones hands. at the risk of being macabre, may i ask about the other bit of it? ie was medical help to attach it not available in time, or was it too damaged to do so?

some years back i gave one of my thumbs a very nasty slice with a knife, and while it was getting better from the ensuing surgery, i found that at surprisingly large number of men have had a bad hand injury at some point. it was a real eye opener as to the numerous ways in which they can be cut, broken, or severed.

regards
alexander
sydney, oz.

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

AHYAH!!!

oh man, i was hoping you may have just been playing the severed finger trick on us. my condolences on the missing part :cry: i learned not to take my hands for granted after

1. getting 2nd & 3rd degree burns from a conveyor belt at FedEx
2. going a head and cutting out one more tread on the routing table when i knew i was already tired

no more stupidity for this time (so that's my plan though).

mini looks cool especially w/ that ever so radical rally'esque bonnet.

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

It was quite funny at the time i did it, thought i just took the nail off but looking at it i found it a bit shorter. You should of seen the other lads faces working in the workshop, a picture i tell you.
Well its safe to say i have learned my lesson and have a bit more respect for all things mechanical.

The other bit of my finger is in my tool box at the moment, finger nail and all. I couldn't get it at the time of going to hopsital but my mates had great fun recovering it, they really did, and sending me a phot of it.

Oh well live and learn

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Fuck!!!!.... :o

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Very good work....your finger is not good.. :evil:

have you a photobucket? or flickr or web to see your car?

Look here my work :wink:

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Nice work. Did you do alot of the work yourself?

looks like you fabed up an extra oil sump plug to go on the back of your gearbox?? I fitted one as well, but not quite sure how i'm going to get at it come an oil change as its behind my lcb, doh :roll: , its not that difficult stripping the gearbox just need a deep socket for that pinion nut, did mine myself too with upgraded bulk rings, layshaft and diff pin so should take the extra power.

What is the carb you have on pics 62 and 63, looks like a hif44 but its different to mine on the side opposite where the throttle arm is??? and is that a home built ram pipe type thing too??

Afraid i cheated and got someone else to build my bottom end up. Didn't fell confident doing it myself. They also ground off the square bits on the conrod caps which was nice off them, but then it did cost me £600 with new pistons just for them to build it up so should be solid for a while :)

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

NITROPIXIE wrote:Nice work. Did you do alot of the work yourself?all the work done on my car this done for me, everything!.

looks like you fabed up an extra oil sump plug to go on the back of your gearbox?? I fitted one as well, but not quite sure how i'm going to get at it come an oil change as its behind my lcb, doh :roll: , its not that difficult stripping the gearbox just need a deep socket for that pinion nut, did mine myself too with upgraded bulk rings, layshaft and diff pin so should take the extra power. is a bit complicated to clean the magnetic trap, but with patience can be done.

What is the carb you have on pics 62 and 63, looks like a hif44 but its different to mine on the side opposite where the throttle arm is??? and is that a home built ram pipe type thing too??I have a HIF44 needle BDK, in this HIF I make a couple of adjustments in order to install the MJLJ, in the other photo is a Stromberg 175 carb, photos is a comparison between a HIF44 and Stromberg 175, nothing more. the idea Stubstack is to draw from the book of david vizard, I buy a piece of aluminum and sent it to manufacture, function very well.

Afraid i cheated and got someone else to build my bottom end up. Didn't fell confident doing it myself. They also ground off the square bits on the conrod caps which was nice off them, but then it did cost me £600 with new pistons just for them to build it up so should be solid for a while :)
sorry but there are words or terms that do not understand. I used piston Mazda 323 1977 73mm-73.5mm, valves Subaru I=36mm E=30mm graphite, steel guides, etc.
mazda 323 1977

I made an adjustment with the brakes on this car, the front brake pads fit perfect, but it's just tires you use for 13 "
Chevrolet Monza

Sorry my english

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Thought it was time to update this so here goes.

I have had a second wind with the mini and getting more stuff done to finish her off, so hopefully very soon she'll be on the road and then we can get her sprayed up and tuned.

I also have taken ownership of a metro which i'm currently setting up for autograssing to segto rules class 1 while keeping costs to a minimum, thats the challenge anyway. There is no megajolt on there, at the moment anyway. I've made the cage myself and quite proud of it so far.

So here is a run up of the costs

Car £50 and came with £15 worth of petrol
3 x off road tyres £16
Ali petrol tank £25
Neck Brace £1
Bonnet Pins £6
Rollcage steel £35 for 15m and 2 packets of biscuits for bending
Sport seat £20
Helmet free from friend
Overalls free from work
Safety harness £60
Brake and fuel line £15

Take a look at the pictures below and check out the chick mobile, oh yeah, we can proper cruise in that baby!!! lol It can just do 60mph on the motorway although i did have 99mph out of it down a good hill with a tail wind. You can just make out HMS Illustrious in the background which wil be my next ship.

I'm afraid i have a strange fascination with small cars and really do want a midget to add to my collection although really i think i should only have one fun car at a time.

The top picture is from Mini in the Park '09 with my son. Its a bit of inspiration for my next project and thought it looks like a lot of fun so hopefully next year i'll start something like this.

I'll get some pics of the current state of the mini soon. But fingers crossed for the MOT coming up :twisted:
Attachments
My little cinquecento full of roll cage steel bent and cut to size. Anyone for jousting????
My little cinquecento full of roll cage steel bent and cut to size. Anyone for jousting????
Rollcage.jpg (68.23 KiB) Viewed 25783 times
Metro with some of the cage fitted.
Metro with some of the cage fitted.
Rollcage fitting.jpg (107.48 KiB) Viewed 25783 times
What to do next, complete home build churning aorund in the back of my head.
What to do next, complete home build churning aorund in the back of my head.
Project.jpg (114.36 KiB) Viewed 25783 times

Tobitab

Post by Tobitab »

nice mini. i like the modification of your light. that mini must be very expensive. it cost you a finger..:D Dental Santa Clara Dentist Hayward

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Thanks tobitab and welcome to the forum.

Just reminded to put some updates up so here are some recent pictures
Attachments
Side view
Side view
09112009 Mini.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 24846 times
Another front view, with new euro style ali number plate and arches back on
Another front view, with new euro style ali number plate and arches back on
09112009419 mini.jpg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 24846 times
I love these seats. I call them back breakers as they have no head rests. I believe they fit well with the design of the car.
I love these seats. I call them back breakers as they have no head rests. I believe they fit well with the design of the car.
09112009420 mini.jpg (47.44 KiB) Viewed 24846 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

And my home made dash.

As you can see mostly unfinished, but it has only been 3 years since she was off the road so i have done quite well?? :roll:

I guess i'd better stop doing other peoples cars now.
Attachments
My homemade dash with switches from maplin £3 each and about 12 of them, little overkill i know.
My homemade dash with switches from maplin £3 each and about 12 of them, little overkill i know.
09112009421 mini.jpg (73.14 KiB) Viewed 24843 times