Edis Equivalent?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

tex102010

Edis Equivalent?

Post by tex102010 »

Hi all trying hard to source some parts in Australia. I have a 95 auto mondeo as a donor car and it has a motorcraft ignition unit with P/N pbt-gf30, it looks the same as an edis 4 and unique to the auto mondeo they have a seperate ignition control module. Does any one know if this unit is compatible with the megajolt jnr? It has 12 pins same as edis 4. If not what models can I look at in Aus to find an EDIS 4?

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Can you post a picture?
Attachments
The EDIS4 is on the right
The EDIS4 is on the right
P4230040r.JPG (115.06 KiB) Viewed 8345 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes- a picture would be helpful. According to internet wisdom the Mondeo is supposed to have the EDIS-4 module.

On the donor vehicle, it would be helpful to trace the original wiring to verify the pins on the module go to the expected locations- sensors, coil packs, etc. This would require unraveling the mondeo's wiring harness a bit, however, the effort would help you gain confidence if all the components connect to the expected locations on the module!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

tex102010

Post by tex102010 »

I'll try and get a picture up. But from what I can tell its the same minus the sticker, the wiring diagram looks promising. I'll try and post the wiring Diagram too its on page 2 (12) grid location L-7. couldnt do the wiring diagram but here is a pic of the unit.
Attachments
Image093.jpg
Image093.jpg (157.09 KiB) Viewed 8274 times

alexander

Post by alexander »

is there an issue here at all? mondeos use EDIS. this part is from a mondeo, and mondeos in australia were imports. the photograph plainly is an EDIS unit, right down to what looks like the words "PIN 1" to the left of the socket, and "motorcraft". that is exactly what the EDIS in my car looks like, so i dont think there is any doubt that this is an EDIS unit.

it is not as if Ford has some other thing in an identical package, is it?

alexander

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

I guess if it looks like an EDIS, smells like an EDIS, and tastes like an EDIS, it must be an EDIS, to paraphrase Cheech and Chong :D

tex102010

Post by tex102010 »

ok all I need now is one of those mega jolt thingies, wonder were to get one of those?..............

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Looks like you have it figured out!

As for purchasing- see that big "Store" link at the top? :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter