MAP sensor advance issues

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

alexander

Post by alexander »

brent: holy moly! i guess if you actually have a mill it isnt such a big deal, but that supplier has every gear in every dimension, so all you have to do is pay, and have a cup of tea while it arrives!

martin: great photo. my own car is just a standard road going car and a bit more ragged than my photo implies. your mates car looks really awesome! by all means let me know when you are in sydney. if you are at a loose end, it would be a pleasure to have you drop by, and there is a great pub just around the corner. aside from the sharing of information (and disinformation), one of the brilliant things about the Net is touching base with like minded people from anywhere in the world.

generally: i have just been going through this annoying issue with the usb/serial converter. exactly the same problems as others have had previously ie software works when the car is not running; data signals cease and freeze with seconds of starting the car; tried 4m of extension lead to no effect; cant update the driver because the suppliers website is completely in cantonese! i am taking a lateral approach: i am bidding on a used laptop on ebay, which has a serial port. THEN i can see what is going on with the car.

watch this space.
alexander.