COIL ON SPARK

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dr.occa

COIL ON SPARK

Post by dr.occa »

will the edis system work with the toyota coil on spark ignitors? if so, would anyone be familiar with how they would be wired up? i'm thinking that they would be wired in pairs parallel with a common ground. just going off of the wires from the coil pack connector.
Attachments
coil-on-spark-ignitors.jpg
coil-on-spark-ignitors.jpg (206.69 KiB) Viewed 4643 times

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

i believe cribbj's lexus project thread answered my question. i altered one of his diagrams and came up with the following (the more knowledgeable, please point out errors or corrections if any - thx in advance):
Attachments
EDIS4-COIL-ON-SPARK.jpg
EDIS4-COIL-ON-SPARK.jpg (20.93 KiB) Viewed 4622 times
Last edited by dr.occa on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

(...that's the pinout for an EDIS-4 by the way, not an EDIS-8...)

Looks fine - as long as the COP units have got similar electrical characteristics to a 'normal' wasted spark coil pack. I'm sure they would be close (enough)...

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

MartinM wrote:(...that's the pinout for an EDIS-4 by the way, not an EDIS-8...)...
yeah, i altered the original EDIS-8 pinout to illustrate the setup for the EDIS-4. thx for the feedback MartinM

aarc240

Post by aarc240 »

What's the primary coil resistance?
If it's not at least double that of a Ford EDIS coil pack then wiring the coils in parallel is going to stress the EDIS module excessively.