Where did you hear about MJLJ?

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Gilesy998

Where did you hear about MJLJ?

Post by Gilesy998 »

As above, where did you find out about MJLJ?
For example, I found out through the forum of the Mini club I'm a member of, and I know of people who spooted it through features in magazines, such as the brilliant PPC article.

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

Club4AG prior to the crash.

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

For me, it was discussed/recommended on the Locost Builders forum.

David

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

a guy on one of the Capri forums I use was banging on about it and was generally getting a bit annoying... then a mate fitted one... then I fitted one, and now I'm the annoying one banging on about MJLJ :twisted: ... since then, 4 more users of that forum are fitting MJLJ units to their Carpis...

I'm starting to feel like a trend setter :?

KLAS

Post by KLAS »

read about MegaSquirt and EDIS, googled for more info about EDIS, found Brent's site.
just that simple

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Have no idea...far too long ago :D

fikus01

Post by fikus01 »

retro cars feature!
DO SOMETHING SILLY, TURBO AN 1100CC METRO :)

andy_gte

Post by andy_gte »

i found out about the mjlj on www.migweb.co.uk where lots of people have been implementing them on vauxhall/opel motors with some good results, so once i;d seen one wrk i was sold!

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Was disgusted with the cost of commercial standalone distributorless. Electromotive costs about $1000 US! I just knew there had to be something cheaper(and better too!). Started searching the web and found megasquirt and then megajolt. I have Webers and wasn't interested in injection also.

aarc240

Post by aarc240 »

I'm running Megasquirt on a fuel injected Datsun 260z with EDIS (which I like for the simple robustness of the ignition side).
When the 240K GT tarmac project got started I went looking for something that would provide ignition only as the plan called for a blown LPG (propane) L28 engine.
A search on the Internet using Copernic ('ignition EDIS programmable kit') hit MJLJ.
Some research and there it was - a perfect solution!
OK, so I'm having to remove the supercharger since some sods changed the class rules but I can still run LPG and MJLJ with dual gas carbs!

Mabeita

Post by Mabeita »

I was doing some research before getting into some troubleshooting on my 1995 SPI Mini and was looking at the Minifinity website.

sunray

Post by sunray »

I was at work one day and we did a retail engine replacement on a Ford Focus towed behind a motorhome while left in gear. I robbed the cam, crank sensors, front pulley, and coil from the pooched motor. I declared that I would find a way to wire DIS into my old corolla.

Later that night while doing some internet jockey research, I was both happy and sad to find that some of you guys had already done it. Found this site and away I went.

luke6040

Post by luke6040 »

Hey, i found it on the mini spares forum, every1 is sayin how great it is on there, so i thought whynot.

starman

Post by starman »

I heard about Megajolt from people in other fora talking about ignition options, and from a friend who implemented fuel injection with Megasquirt on a 2 liter straight six Triumph engine.

Ratchet

Post by Ratchet »

Found it accidently while trying to figure out how to apply vacuum to my 123 ignition distributor for my '74 Midget. Running a DCOE 45 and was told that I will have no vacuum to read. Found Autosportlabs web site and been reading the forums for 4 days straight. Ordered my MJLJ 2 days ago and was notified it shipped yesterday. Listed my 123 on ebay 2 days ago :) I sure hope that expensive little puppy sells. I am so totally impressed by the MJLJ and the forums full of support from regular people with the wealth of info I have seen, makes me feel like I can tackle the whole project with no sweat at all. Thank you Brent for obviously taking something you love and spending all your time helping it grow. I will be posting more as my project grows.
"We make a living by what we get, but we
make a life by what we give"
Sir Winston Churchill