quick 4AGE question for brentp (and others running the 4AGE)

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dr.occa

big problems come in small surprises...

Post by dr.occa »

ok, pulled the engine today and as i was swapping parts over to the "new" engine, low and behold the cause of all the heartache. (see attached image)

kicked my self several times and my friend was saying he knew we should've just put the perf. cams in to begin with. then we would've discovered the problem sooner than MUCH later. before pulling the engine!!! :oops:

thanks everyone for chipping in with their know-how! i guess you can say we were all right in believing the timing was off somewhere.

anyway, now onto mjlj living. it's going to be a long weekend... :roll:
Attachments
found-the-problem.JPG
found-the-problem.JPG (50.76 KiB) Viewed 3433 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Wow- It's amazing your engine even ran with random cam timing like that. Incredible.

Hope things are smooth sailing after this! Keep in touch.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

It liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiives!

after some cleaning, wire tucking, hose running, nose running, mosquito swatting...the car is finally up and running decently.

just using the Default _Map, but curiously vacuum stays between 70-100 at all times. i'll snap some polaroids and finally post the car in the Powered By Megajolt section. Thanks everybody!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That's great! be sure to tell us just exactly how great it runs after you do a little bit of tuning.. especially after you threatened to re-install your MSD system. ;)