R5 not specified in build instructions

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

molecular bob

R5 not specified in build instructions

Post by molecular bob »

Just finished construction of my TPS optioned kit and noticed that there is no instruction to add R5 in the on-line construction guide. I have added it as it was shown in the pictures, hope this was correct.

i am now going to make up my molex connector and loom and wondered what size of cable you recommend?
In the lab or in the car

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Yep, R5 definitely needed if you want to use the TACH_OUT signal!

I use 24/0.2 wire for the power, ground, programmable outputs etc. More than adequate. Get it in your local Maplin...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for catching that! The wiki table was malformed for that row, I fixed it.

Agree with Martin on the wire, with one caveat- the programmable outputs are 'open collector', meaning, they conduct Ground to activate your devices. And, each programmable output can handle 500ma. A bigger wire for ground, especially if you're using the programmable outputs is a good idea. 16 or 18ga would be fine.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

fikus01

Post by fikus01 »

thre is a uk based company doing a loom kit for megajolt and other similar edis based ignition controllers in the original ford wire colours, they also sell trigger wheels and edis modules and coil packs not sure im allowed to say what its called due to forum rules but im sure a internet search will lead you there!
DO SOMETHING SILLY, TURBO AN 1100CC METRO :)

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ebay is a good source as well. :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

fikus01

Post by fikus01 »

that was the place i used,
DO SOMETHING SILLY, TURBO AN 1100CC METRO :)