Should I buy it?

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Should I buy it?

Post by brentp »

As mentioned in my 2008 email I'm looking for an additional test platform. In keeping with the spirit of Autosport Labs- and also being a cool car, I've been thinking of a 240z. It blends DIY friendliness in terms of being a 'blank slate'- i.e. no engine management/ easy to work on, on a cool, sporty, eternally classic design.

What do you think of this one?

Then again, if someone wants to sell us their LoCost or Westfield. :)
Attachments
red_240_front_3quarter.jpg
red_240_front_3quarter.jpg (6.21 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
red_240_rear_3quarter.jpg
red_240_rear_3quarter.jpg (6.76 KiB) Viewed 5111 times
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

germanz

Post by germanz »

Hello Brendt,

as a far I see this is nice example. Can you add some high res pictures and technical details ?

I absolutely agree, 240z are ideal for mod's.

But the winning gain is sometimes not huge, because the datsun engineers did a good job.

If you want develop something comercial I would try to find partner like http://www.motorsportauto.com/ they sell many performance stuff for datsun.

The biggest modification scene you will find on http://forums.hybridz.org/

Cheers

alexander

Post by alexander »

hi brent,
i hope you are not expecting anyone on a car enthusiast discussion forum, to advise you to not buy it!
IMHO, they are a gorgeous car, and one that i would be very pleased to own, so you are on the right track for sure.
as regards the particular one in the picture, my personal feeling is that the air dam and spoiler detract from the intrinsically attractive design, so i would be looking to either remove them, or seek a different car.

regards
alexander
sydney, oz.