Supercharged Pinto Capri with MEGAJOLT!!!

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Supercharged Nat

Supercharged Pinto Capri with MEGAJOLT!!!

Post by Supercharged Nat »

just got it up and running this afternoon. hopefully itl allow much better tuning of the ignition than the dizzy. the problem i had was i needed more idle advance and higher rpm advance, but less advance around the torque curve (2500-3500). I did try a retard system on it but it wasnt tuneable enough for me so the Megajolt seems like the perfect solution!

cant wait to start mapping it properly! heres some pictures:

Ok so i need to tidy up the wiring around the edis modual and fuel pump, buts its only electrical tape and cable ties.

[/img]

Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Looking good too! Congratulations on getting it running.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

In America, that car was a Mercury Capri! Nice to see one still ticking. I like how you put the coil where the old dizzy was.

Supercharged Nat

i cant take credit for that, a good guy on here did it and i simply copied him because it was such a neat idea!

In America i believe they had bigger bumpers on them? but yes known as the mercury capri.

thanks for the nice comments

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Super nice. I have a friend here that is big into ford capri's, I'm sure he will enjoy these pictures.

What is the section of pipe in the upper radiator hose? is that a sensor or a grounding strap attached to it?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Supercharged Nat

Hi Brent thanks for all your help youve given me during this project. the wire is for a temperature sensor/controller for an electric fan that replaced the engine driven fan. (well actually theres a pair of fans on the radiator and a smaller one on the intercooler).

its variable so i can set what ever temperature i like for the fans to come on.

Darrenw

Post by Darrenw »

Nat - hope you dont mind me posting a link to locostbuilders. Ive got a pinto fitted to my Mac#1 Motorsports TypeZR (lotus 7 type) but running bik carbs.
Supercharger is a cool idea, im loving it. Would love to hear a bit more about it.

Supercharged Nat

no i dont mind you posting a link to the locost site. what else would you like to know? its only low boost atm, 4psi. blows through a weber 38dgas. had it on the rollers (power run only) and it made 146 bhp. (bare in mind the ignition timing is very retarded at the moment and the fueling is overly rich).

i have now sorted out a way of detecting knock and so im going to start tuning it for power. (it hadnt had any professional tuning before the rollers). im thinking it should go up nicely in torque and power. then i think increasing boost to 6-7psi should help a little too.

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

nice on Nat. Great to see another Capri running MJLJ. Ican't take the full credit for the coil pack on dizzy... i got the idea from someone else on here lol. I did a load of tuning on mine over the weekend and improved bottom eng torque and engine acceleration. Mine is going so much better than it ever has... need to get it back on the rollers to see if I can beat the 160BHP it had with the old useless dizzy. It was running way retarded with that.

Can't post piccies at the moment. I'm sure they are on here lower down somewhere lol. Will have to check my photobucket account :-)

Anyway, looking great Nat.

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

nice on Nat. Great to see another Capri running MJLJ. Ican't take the full credit for the coil pack on dizzy... i got the idea from someone else on here lol. I did a load of tuning on mine over the weekend and improved bottom eng torque and engine acceleration. Mine is going so much better than it ever has... need to get it back on the rollers to see if I can beat the 160BHP it had with the old useless dizzy. It was running way retarded with that.

Can't post piccies at the moment. I'm sure they are on here lower down somewhere lol. Will have to check my photobucket account :-)

Anyway, looking great Nat.

Edit: heres mine: http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=843