Mapping with option switch

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

matnrach

Mapping with option switch

Post by matnrach »

Hi,
Just uploaded the new firmware and wired in the option switch for dual mapping (which does appear to work although I haven't actually run the engine with the switch enabled yet)
I don't understand the menu regarding this option.
Can anybody explain what to do with the 'global controller options' in the advanced menu and what it is all about.
I guess it is written somehwere on the website but I can't find it.

Thanks.

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

Perfect timing - I've spent the last couple of days wiring up the options switch and the shift lights, and got confused for a brief time until I worked it out...

Go into the global controller options page that has a box for 'enable dual ignition config' - enable it by clicking in the box, then make sure that you click on the 'write options' button before clicking on 'OK'. This then sets the firmware to work in dual map mode.

I was confuddled for a few minutes until I worked it out... it's obvious once you know, but you have to get there first...

Brent - some user documentation is required! :P

Hope this helps,
David

matnrach

Post by matnrach »

Thanks for that but I worked that out already.

The question was what is the menu on the 'advanced' page all about. It has two columns
1. Memory
2. Value.
It has a couple of numbers in there and I would like to know what this table does.

Thanks again.

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

Ah - sorry - :)

Only one or two of those options have been documented so far... unless I am mistaken, which is always possible. :D

At least one of them adjusts the 'tolerance to noise' factor, but don't ask me which one...

David

matnrach

Post by matnrach »

Thanks for the info.
Not sure how that effects anything. Maybe we will get some documentation on this at some point.
When I looked at it I put all the values to zero (a bit foolish really since I didn't know what it all did!).
I know that there were some values in there before.
Do you know what they are and are they of any significance?
Thanks again.

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Have a look at the post with the highlighted words in it at http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic. ... ation#4968

matnrach

Post by matnrach »

Thanks. Makes a bit more sense now.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

So the 'advanced' tab on that dialog lets you edit the whole block of memory values for the global options. The main tab has a "friendlier" editor for the known configuration options.

In theory, the advanced tab allows extended editing for new or experimental features. In this case the noise filtering was added to the 3.2.1 firmware but the option was not yet added to the main dialog.

Now that I can see where some of the confusion might come from I'll work to make that dialog a bit more clear.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

matnrach

Post by matnrach »

Thanks Brent.