edis-4 wiring

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Mk1Sport

edis-4 wiring

Post by Mk1Sport »

looking at the wiring diagram brent has supplied, on the shielded cable connecting edis to megajolt (PIP and SAW connections) the earth is connected to pin #7 on the edis-4 plug, however when i bought an edis-4 unit (which still had all the wiring connected) the earth from the shielded cable was connected to pin#4

does it make a difference? my thinkign is that obviously the way ford designed it would work, but then if brents diagram works then... yea

cheers,
Julian

steve100

Post by steve100 »

I had a similar query ie that the Ford module (replaced by the Megajolt) appears (in the technical documentation) to only be earthed via the EDIS pin 4, while the EDIS itself is earthed via pin7.

In my application it would be easier to connect the Megajolt via PIP , SAW and pin 4 ( ie no separate ground)

There seems continuity between pin 4 & 7 but is pin 4 a better , specifically cleaned up earth for the Ford module/Megajolt.

I am aware it is sometimes important to avoid ground loops (eg dont earth both ends of a shielded cable) - ound loop prevention a factor here?

Thanks
Steve