Free Molex connectors.... no problems!

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

jano

Free Molex connectors.... no problems!

Post by jano »

Hi
Just recieved my MJLJ today.
I was worried about the availability of the Molex connector, but there is no problem with that at all.

1) Brent had included a molex connector :-)

2) The molex connector is the same as the connector (22 pin) you find on a normal PC power supply!

All you need to do is walk to the electronics dumpster at take the connector from a old PC and take it home.
Once home, saw off the 6 extra pins. Check that you saw off the right 6 pins! check the shapes of the pins you need them to match up with the connector on the mjlj.
Then remove the hook from the connector.

There you have it!

Yes, you are missing the hook to lock the connector in place, but I dont think it is a problem.
The is no way of inserting the connector a wrong way due to the different shapes of the pins (again: check and match pin-shapes before cutting).

Enjoy ;-)

/jano

brentp
Site Admin

Yep, all kits and completed

Post by brentp »

Yep, all kits and completed units include a wiring harness side molex connector.

I'd still be concerned about the absence of the latch- considering you are likely putting the unit in a high vibration environment.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

aarc240

Works really well for a test

Post by aarc240 »

Works really well for a test bench though!

Gilesy998

Is the missing hook still a

Post by Gilesy998 »

Is the missing hook still a problem if you put a big rubber band around the ECU and molex?
Gilesy998
1980 Leyland Mini 1000. Stage one tuned.
10" wheels. 4-pot brakes. MJLJ V3 ignition controller.

brentp
Site Admin

...however there is no

Post by brentp »

...however there is no missing hook if you use the molex plug included in the kit or prebuilt units... :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter