ford 351w completed system

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

sc mav

ford 351w completed system

Post by sc mav »

I finally finished the complete 351 w ford EDIS package, running at default timing, still need to add the Megajolt as soon as funding is available.
Any body interested in how I did it or the components used?

brentp
Site Admin

Yes- some details would be

Post by brentp »

Yes- some details would be great. Actually I have a friend that will be installing the MJLJ on a V8- it would be interesting to see how you mounted the trigger wheel and how you fabricated the brackets for the sensor.

Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sc mav

351w setup

Post by sc mav »

I HAVE A PHOTO OF THE WHOLE SYSTEM DISASSEMBLED AND THE PHOTOS OF THE CRANK MOUNTED EDIS RING. I MANUFACTURED ALL THE COMPONENTS MYSELF.
THE RING IS WATERJET FROM 1/4" THICK 1020 STEEL BAR STOCK. THE VR SENSOR MOUNT IS WATERJET FROM .187" 3003 ALUMINUM THEN BENT TWICE TO MOUNT THE VR SENSOR USING THE EXISTING TIMING MARKER BOLTS ON THE FRONT TIMING COVER. THE ADJUSTMENT IS BUILT INTO THE RING, OVER 5 TEETH OF ADJUSTMENT ON THE EDIS RING WITH 1/4" RADIAL SLOTS CUT INTO THE RING, IT BOLTS TO MY ALUMINUM CRANK PULLEY WITH 4 BOLTS. mAY NOT BE THE BEST DESIGN BUT IT WORKS. I PRE MOUNT THE RING AND CHECK THE TIMING THEN TURN THE RING TO THE CRANK CENTER LINE ON A LATHE TO CORRECT RUNOUT ISSUES.