Successfully installed on 1995 Ford Crown Victoria Police

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

4600cc

Successfully installed on 1995 Ford Crown Victoria Police

Post by 4600cc »

It took me 3 hours to find room and wire everything, but the results totally worth it. Even thought I haven't done any real tunning yet, I can feel the power. I will be tuning for 93 octane, and later on use the programmable outputs to flip manifold valves. The only thing I need now is to tune it properly.

AL

brentp
Site Admin

Great news! I'm sure we'd lov

Post by brentp »

Great news! I'm sure we'd love to see pictures of your installation.

Have you verified the timing adjustment with the EDIS8?

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

4600cc

No pictures. It will look th

Post by 4600cc »

No pictures. It will look though like a red box burried under the dash. I did verify timing, it is correct. Since the install, I over did the tuning and blew one of my exhaust manifolds. Unrelated to that snafu, I noticed that an exhaust smell of a well advanced engine is same as exhaust smell of go carts. (unable to describe, must know the smell if you beet to a cart race)

Well tuned megajolt improves power throughout the torq curve, making the vehicle more usable at the track. Timing could be adjusted high at below idle MAP, this helps engine braking. Not only megajolt helps engine power and drivability, it is also improves gas mileage, I believe it is due to increased thermal efficiency of the engine.