Parts availability in the UK

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Hi Paul, First- apologies

Post by brentp »

Hi Paul,

First- apologies for not getting back to you sooner- I've been swamped! Your order was backlogged at the time you placed it, but it had since gone out on the 16th of this month. Hopefully you should be receiving it soon. Fyi, I'm currently in full stock for all items.

Thanks,
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

viatron

Complete Kits

Post by viatron »

Brent, a complete kit with all parts, case etc would be a real boon to us Brits as X Referencing parts and even getting some of them can be a real pain.

Mac

BTW any news on my parts?

imp_nut

Many thanks.

Post by imp_nut »

Hi Brent,

Items arrived this morning (26th), Many thanks. Now where is that soldering iron!
Regards, Paul.

brentp
Site Admin

Mac, I am looking into the

Post by brentp »

Mac,

I am looking into the feasability of making complete kits available.

What I do have now are cases with pre-punched ends, so I will be adding those to the order page.

Best regards,
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

thebean

uk testbed

Post by thebean »

hi. im a newbie to this but have been following it for a while. made some enquireis about parts in uk but not come to much. basically im looking to build a megajolt unit to go on an ex ford-reseach zetec 1800, 0 miles straight out of the lab. i've put on a pair of web 40's, but need the sparks. the engine is complete with the coil(?) next to the thermostat at the back of the cylinder head, but not much more than that. as far as i can make out ill need an edis4, map sensor to go somewhere in the manifold, and toothed wheel with sensor off a sierra, an a megajolt unit. i'm not too shabby with a soldering iron, but crap at electronics, so happy to build from a kit with some instructions. is this available, esp in uk?
the engine will be tested/setup in a research lab in the uk, and more than willing to provide feedback/info on mechanical side of things - an area im clued up on - to the group. eventaully to go into running car (more info soon).
sorry to be so lengthy, but really like experimental/innovation side of things and want to help.
cheers all

steve.l.jones

parts in the uk

Post by steve.l.jones »

This is my shot at a uk parts list from www.farnellinone.co.uk based on using a TPS and 2 8way molex connectors (which will have to be cut to make a 14way). Ive ordered the parts and they arrived next day. The total come to around £19 but you have to have a minimum order of £20 (free delivery too)but im sure you could find something for a pound or maybe order a box which i have not done yet. I cannot garantee the parts are right as ive not assembled and tested mine yet. I made educated guesses at corrisponding the items with didgikey which took me a day to do, maybe if anybody notice's anything that could be wrong please let me know before i find out the hard way...

Parts--- Farnell Part No.
C3, C4, C5, C6, C8, C9, C10--- 105857
CAP7,5--- As above
R2, R4, R5, R6, R8, R9, R10,R11--- 509164
D2, D3, D4, D6, D7, D8, D9, D10, D11--- 251707
Q1, Q2, Q3, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8--- 358538
Q4--- 4399699
D1--- 368570
D5--- 369834
QG1--- 221650
C1, C2--- 286801
U1--- Ordered With board
R1--- 509048
R7--- 509097
R3--- 509140
X1--- 150710
J1--- As R12
U3--- 271056
U2--- 407150
X2--- 151887 x2 (8way)
R12--- 508792

hope this is of some help
steve

geoffnipple

Steve, youre a legend! Re

Post by geoffnipple »

Steve, youre a legend!

Really helpful this, Have you assembled yours yet? did all the components work ok? im going to order them soon and will check them, but got to hand it to you for taking the time to put them up here:)

if anyone is interested they also do the MAP sensor, just search for MPX4250AP (correct me if im wrong but i think thats the right one to use? single pipe, absolute reading..) and it pops up, about £13...

hugs,
al

mattwynn

UK Parts list

Post by mattwynn »

Hi All
Thanks for all your help already.
Has anyone complied a uk parts list from www.rsww.co.uk yet for MegaJolt Lite Jr. Version 3 using a TPS. If so please can they let me have it and whether once built everything worked ok.
Thanks
Matt

goldminijohn

Hi there,

Post by goldminijohn »

Hi there,

I noticed that your part number for C3, C4, C5, C6, C8, C9, C10 [105857] is for an aluminium electrolytic capacitor not a ceramic one as on the parts list. I found part no.430870 which is a ceramic capacitor. Don't know if this will really make much difference as I'm not great with electronics but thought I'd point it out in case. Also, have you found the part numbers for the components at the bottom of the list.
Molex Mini-Fit-14 plug [9963278 ?]
Molex Pins
16 pin machined socket

Cheers
John

hotrodfil

16 way

Post by hotrodfil »

Hi John,
Couldn't source the 14 way, so used a 16 way instead - can't remember if it came from Farnell or RS though.
There's space to overhang it on the board, and I just opened up the slot in the end panel that Brent supplied.

Phil

landy_andy

Hi, I'm just putting

Post by landy_andy »

Hi,

I'm just putting together a RS BOM as they now list the MAP in there extended parts list. Will post once I get it sorted laters. I have an RS account so as per my other post, anyone interested in group buying let me know.

Cheers,
Andy

Tman

parts in the uk, (steve.l.jones 04/02/2005)

Post by Tman »

Hi sorry to drag up an old post but was just searching for other parts i could use as in New Zealand I cant find all the same parts listed in the bill of materials.
Can anyone tell me if the list above worked out ok in operation? or can someone give me a list of alternitaves? The farnell numbers seem to work for NZ too. Im not very componate savy so when I look I dont know what is the most important things i need to look for :( , My main problames are with the map sensor, (of course), the 16mhz osilator,the voltage regulator and the TRANSISTOR, PNP TO-9, I have found one replacement (i think), but the temperature rating only goes down to -0 C, would this course malfunction I cold weather -10 C? Any help whould be fantastic :)
Cheers People
Id like to get this working one day (soon) :) sigh
1977 toyota Celica fastback with 1997 Toyota 3sge (minus dizzy, plus mjlj) and a w57 box.