Multispark?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

OvErRiTe

Multispark?

Post by OvErRiTe »

Im trying to decide whether to use the mjlj or the Megasquirt N Edis.

The only reason to go with the Megasquirt N Edis that I can see right now is the Multispark capability. As of right now I dont see how to make the mjlj do multispark. Am I just not seeing it or is there a way to do multispark.

As far as inputs/outputs go... I would love to see you add in a temp in/output trigger for fan control (even though temp isnt required for the mjlj operation).

-Chris

vw16vt

some code and hardware need to be changed

Post by vw16vt »

Well there's isn't even temp input in the current code, so you would need to modify the code. If you're actually using MS, it's just easier to do it there since it's already been done, and really easy to do.

And for multispark, serious I don'T even think you would even notice, it's multispark but I think only under 1200rpm, so mainly only in idle!!

Math

brentp
Site Admin

Multispark should be possible

Post by brentp »

Multispark should be possible with a software change, but like it was mentioned before, it's enabled at idle.

It was suggested before to add a temp input. However, I wanted to keep things simple to start, strive for a stable working version, and then see where the improvements can be made after it's been used in the field for a while.

Thanks,
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter