Vref?

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

yeha

Vref?

Post by yeha »

Just getting my head around the unit. In all the pictures of the V3 board, I can't see any of the components required to create Vref, L1, C11 & C14. Have they been deleted or are they installed on the back?

MartinM

Probably because all the

Post by MartinM »

Probably because all the pictures you see are for a MAP version - where the pressure sensor is at the bottom left.

Vref is only relevant to a TPS version and boards are built either as TPS or MAP, but not both. I suppose you could build with neither, but you would have to either:
- put all rows of the map to the same values as the TPS/MAP value is undefined with neither option fitted
- maybe replace D7 with a wire link to earth the ADC input so that you can rely on the TPS/MAP value being zero ----- I'm not suggesting you do this!

If you did the latter, you would find the MAP value becomes 100 (kPa) due to the firmware design

All components, when fitted, are on the top of the board.

brentp
Site Admin

Yes, there is a missing

Post by brentp »

Yes, there is a missing picture for the TPS configuration. However, you will see on the V3 board all of the TPS components are in a box silk-screened on the board, aptly named, "TPS option". All of the TPS-related components are installed here.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

yeha

Ahh.. spotted them now. I

Post by yeha »

Ahh.. spotted them now. I was just confused as I couldn't see them on the board and wondered if it meant the schematic was out of step.