Lap timing trouble, is it just me?

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

adam

Lap timing trouble, is it just me?

Post by adam »

I've never been able to get lap timing working on multiple occasions at 2 different 'automatic' tracks. So I'd like to get it sorted at home while doing a circuit around my house (my neighbors already think I'm nuts)

here is a screen cap of my GPS data

I dont know why the Longitude displays that way, it just does.

I enable manual race track, set a start/finish using the GUI button. write to the RCP, then do laps.

interval, GPS and distance all change. but laps never do.

What do I need to do to test the lap timer without wasting more expensive track time?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Adam,

Let's start off by base-lining your configuration. What firmware and app are you running?

Also, if you want to email us or me your configuration, we can take a look at it to make sure it's correct.

Also also, watch the behavior under the system status (touch menu at the top, System Status): If you set a manual start/finish line, and then drive through it, and then again, you should see the states of "In Lap" change once you cross the start/finish line the first time. In addition to that, CurrentLap should increment.

I'm assuming you're following this procedure for setting the start/finish line:

* Waiting for GPS to be warmed up and fully locked on (high number of GPS satellites) so your position is stabilized: 30 seconds to 1 minute of clear sky after power on.
* Rolling up to your start finish line and pausing.
* Reading the current RCP configuration
* Setting RCP config to 'manual start/finish' and disabling 'separate start/finish lines' setting.
* Pressing the target icon, which updates the start/finish line fields with the current coordinates
* Writing the config back to RCP to set the start/finish line

Let us know what you find out and we'll get you sorted!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

adam

Post by adam »

Firmware is current 2.8.4
Android app is 1.3.9
emailed my config

followed your instructions above and still no laps. I checked system status and it never indicated that it was 'in lap'

GPS sample rate set to 10hz

I dont suspect its my physical setup, but here are pics anyway.

antenna on roof

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Adam,

can you post an update on your recent testing results? I think we got it working for you, just wanted to confirm.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

adam

Post by adam »

I'm all set and good to go now. The new firmware and app update did the trick.
I had a little hiccup at the track with my script not carrying over but Andrew (your programmer?) got me sorted out at our mutual race.

Thanks for the support!