New firmware flash issues

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

raydoc

New firmware flash issues

Post by raydoc »

Trying to do the new firmware flash. Three green LEDS, the app continues forever with "waiting for device to appear on USB."

Oh, 64bit Win 8.

If I plug in the RCP Mk1 in normal mode I see a COM port that shows the device. If I plug it in in bootloader mode I do not see the device listed anywhere that I can see. If I try to force run the flasher program nothing happens.

Tried on a Win7 laptop. After much fussing I finally got it to be seen. It said "connected units" many times,made some noises and started typing rows of dots after the two right green lights went off. Now with one green one red on the left. Not sure what it is doing.

OK. Got it flashed. Back on the Win8 machine. Loaded the software, can see the RCP. Tried to load the config file I saved prior to flash and now it says cannot load "int object is not iterable". So I have an RCP but the config is wiped. :cry:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ray,

Seems like you most of the way there. If you went from the old, old firmware where you used to use Race Analyzer to the latest RCP app and firmware, then you'll have to manually copy over the configuration - we apologize for the inconvenience. The most tedious part is copying over any analog sensor configuration, the rest should be fairly quick.

We'll strive for new future firmware and app to be backwards compatible so your upgrades will be much more smooth.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

jcordle

Re: New firmware flash issues

Post by jcordle »

raydoc wrote:Trying to do the new firmware flash. Three green LEDS, the app continues forever with "waiting for device to appear on USB."

Oh, 64bit Win 8.

If I plug in the RCP Mk1 in normal mode I see a COM port that shows the device. If I plug it in in bootloader mode I do not see the device listed anywhere that I can see. If I try to force run the flasher program nothing happens.
Hey RayDoc -

Checked out this issue for myself and came across a few things I learned:
- you may need to use the *bootloader* driver install, which is not the same as the regular windows device drivers. When you run the FlashRCP, choose "Y" for the "first time" question.
- Just like the regular windows drivers install, you have to disable device driver signing check. Use this link for instructions:
http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-ins ... -windows-8
It took me a bit to notice, but I saw that the FlashRCP was trying to install the drivers and was showing that windows rejected the install in the CMD window.
- The weblink above is a *ONE TIME* change to the device driver signing setting. If you restart your PC, device driver signing will be back on.

Hope this helps...
Julian