Aem wideband calibration

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Derrick@art

Aem wideband calibration

Post by Derrick@art »

Im trying to calibrate our wideband so it reads the same as the gauge on the sofware. and i cant seem to get it to work correctly. has anyone here done this before or can can anyone give me some insight on doing so.

This is the gauge we have and here are the instructions for it.
http://aemelectronics.com/files/instruc ... 0Gauge.pdf

Also i would like to hookup water temp to the race capture pro just wondering if I can tap off the stock mazda ecu temp sender?

Thanks in advance

momostallion

Post by momostallion »

I have my AEM wideband setup on my RCP unit.
I used the analog 0-5v white wire out of the AEM, connected it to one of the 7 analog inputs.

In RaceCapture's configuration, I set :

Channel Name: AFR
Sample Rate: 25hz
Mode: Mapped

for mapped, use 5 points of calibration. using your aem instructions for gasoline AFR, i would use:

0.0 0.94 1.87 2.96 4.05
10.0 12.18 13.74 15.92 18.10

that should do it.

momostallion

Post by momostallion »

if you tap off an ecu sensor, just test it with a multimeter first and make sure it's a 5v analog signal then simply connect it to another analog input.

you will have to scale it yourself however. i've done this as well. simply use a known value (read your temperature gauge at it's maximum range, hopefully it has a digital read out). build your own scale using 5 different voltage readings and temperatures and set that input's channel name to Coolant. wouldnt need more than 1Hz for coolant IMO.

also you could consider using CANBUS data from your OBD2 port. ECT is something that will be available.

Derrick@art

Post by Derrick@art »

Thanks alot for the response i will try what you suggested and see if that works for me.