RCP First Test

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

PopKorn78

RCP First Test

Post by PopKorn78 »

Hello guys,

I've tried the RCP for the first time at a race this weekend.

The tablet worked great and all the drivers loved the dashboard, but lap times did not work. It was giving lap times as numbers, like 1.78 or 2.24. I get the same data on the logs.

We ran at Mosport. I tried the autodetect and setting a LAT/LONG start finish, but I got the same results.

Other issues I have, logs only show 1 lap that is about 1h30min, wich is the full driver stint.

Also, on saturday, I've let the RCP log for the entire race, 7h30 of data. When I want to convert to GEMS, I get a out of memory message. Can I do something with that?

For the live telemetry, it did not work, but I think this is due to the fact that the carrier as bad reception at the track. Is there an antena that could get a better connection?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Which version of the app are you using - the production app downloadable in the store, or the beta app? For the beta app we have some lap time formatting bugs that need to be fixed.

For mosport we do have a trackmap in our system for auto-detection and it looks like the start/finish line is in the right spot:

http://race-capture.com/venues/517190ba ... 00003/edit

We are working on a firmware update that will provide much more diagnostic information including detected track map, current lapping status, cellular signal strength and status, etc. Watch for it this week!

For data, were you able to see telemetry data as a bench / static test before you hit the track?
Here are some current troubleshooting steps:
http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro ... leshooting

If it wasn't working in Canada and you're from the USA, perhaps your data plan wasn't working correctly.

for the out of memory error, you might want to manually split up the file or only select the top part of the file. The out of memory seems to be a GEMS limitation, it seems.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

PopKorn78

Post by PopKorn78 »

I'm using the beta app.

For telemetry, I did get sime data, but connection was on/off all weekend, this is why I would like to try another antenna if available.

I will be doing other test at St-Eustache soon.

Do you have an ETA for the new app and firmware?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Targeting this week, but there's pressure to add additional fixes and some features. We have to balance velocity of releases! :)

Keep an eye out for the new firmware announcement.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter