Hello - LeMons CRX Racer from San Jose

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

aaronvogel

Hello - LeMons CRX Racer from San Jose

Post by aaronvogel »

Hey everyone, I'm Aaron. This year I started a 24 Hour of LeMons team with some friends and we're loving it.

We run an '88 Honda CRX with an OBDI B18B1, non-chipped ECU, naturally aspirated. I'm in the process of completely replacing the stock gauges with aftermarket ones as well as planning to install our MK2 RCPro system.

I have a lot of questions regarding sensors so I'm hoping to find some answers here in the forums.

I live in San Jose and we pretty much just race Sonoma and Thunderhill.

We blew up our first engine at our first race at Sonoma because we over heated and didn't know about it, so I'm excited to have RCPro and the live website so we can have a second set of eyes on the car's vitals.

Anyway, glad to be here.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi Aaron, I think we've met? I race with Hella Shitty Racing out of Belmont with our M30 powered E30. Happy to help you with your RCP setup!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

aaronvogel

Post by aaronvogel »

Hey Ryan,
Yeah, was that you helping Andrew get me going over the weekend? If so, thanks! We had a rough weekend but I was glad to get the MK2 going. Looking forward to adding sensors and already have found good feedback for my drivers from it!

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Yup, that would have been me! Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend, hopefully things go better for you at your next race. You guys going to Sonoma in January or March?

Feel free to email me directly ([email protected]) if you have questions or feedback about RCP. Thanks!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

aaronvogel

Post by aaronvogel »

Thanks Ryan,
Yeah, we'll be there in January, and hopefully March. We've got a top notch team lined up for January, so I'm gonna try and maximize the telemetry setup. I'll hit you up with questions for sure... give Brent a break from the email barrage.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Cool! My team will be there in January, I'm not sure I can make it yet (wedding to attend). March I'll definitely be there. You guys should stop by our garage in Belmont sometime, we have about 6 Lemons teams there, it's a lot of fun :)
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs