Best Screen Size for Dash

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bobel

Best Screen Size for Dash

Post by bobel »

As per title, what has peoples experience been with the best screen size to use for dash display app? I've just pre-ordered a RCP2 for install in my lotus Exige race car and would like to purchase an android tablet that will be big enough to give good visabilty of the gagues etc but not too large as to dominate the interior.

Also am I correct in thinking that if I am using a android tablet with internet connection (either LTE or teathered to my phone) that I don't really need the telemetry module?

Cheers
My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell may cars and parts for what I said they cost

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

7" is a good screen size. The key is a high quality screen, so a better grade tablet with the IPS screen is the way to go.

You will be able to do telemetry via the app, correct. For dedicated race cars, the optional telemetry module is the more 'always on' dedicated hardware version.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

bobel

Post by bobel »

Cheers Brent, I've picked up a Nexus 7 and tried the app demo and it think it'll work great. Thanks for the advice.
My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell may cars and parts for what I said they cost