RaceCapture App & V2 - Bug list

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

momostallion

RaceCapture App & V2 - Bug list

Post by momostallion »

First off, awesome work guys. I could tell it was a lot of hard work.
I really like the scheme. It's a bit of a departure from windows forms I know and love but this is a more universal theme that would translate to a mobile device.

I'm sorry to have to make this thread, not trying to come off like a jerk on beta launch day but feedback is what you need right?

Just had a couple of little bugs with the RaceCapture app while getting the device configured on v2 firmware:

Race Trace/Sectors:
Click + (Add) Track.
Select Region: 'USA'.
Type 'Cresson'.
Select both Motorsports Ranch Cresson track configurations.
*ISSUE: the 1.73 mile config adds but the 1.33 does not. Unable to add the 1.33 mi. track.
Even if the 1.33 mi. config is selected by itself, it does not appear, instead the 1.73 appears twice. Index/ID issue?

Analog Sensors:
Configure Unknown Channel, Analog1.
Mode: Mapped value.
*ISSUE: creating a mapped value of 0.50 volts or 4.5 volts and uploading to device.
Read device and it comes back as 0.498 and 4.49. Also 112.50 turns into 112.
Rounding issue?

Not necessarily a v2 issue, but:
Non-working track maps:
Circuit of the Americas
Eagles Canyon

Both say they are missing a start/finish points. Track maps updated.

On the plus side, updating firmware was simple, no issues. same with installing the app and having it read and write to my RCP.

System:
64 bit desktop windows 8

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the feedback! Not sure if it's directly related to this, but some of our tracks have missing start/finish lines. We are still updating all of the track maps on race-capture.com and these should be updated soon.

try removing all of the tracks and adding them individually to see if they can be added? We'll check it out too.

Rounding errors- we have that on the list too.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

momostallion

Post by momostallion »

yea i tried. still no luck on adding the 1.3 mi version of Motorsports Ranch Cresson. selecting it brings multiple copies of the 1.7 mi configuration. might give it a test. it's like both maps are referenced the same and picking up selects first each time.

also, it's not a bug but probably a feature still to be ported over: the calibration option for the accelerometer is not in the V2 app. (i just entered my values from my previous config manually which works fine).

got to play around with race-capture.com & online telemetry. so freakin cool to see that data from sensors going into the RCP then to bluetooth to my tablet through my cellphone's hotspot up to your cloud and then back down through my hotspot back into my car on my laptop. love it and it's actually fast too!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks, we'll check those specific tracks - should be easy to reproduce.

Correct, the calibration feature still needs to be ported over. Thinking of a full calibration routine to do zeroing and also auto-detecting installation orientation.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Ls_Rx7

Post by Ls_Rx7 »

Oregon raceway park is also having the start/stop issue.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

What start/finish lat / long should we use? We can fix that quickly.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Ls_Rx7

Post by Ls_Rx7 »

brentp wrote:What start/finish lat / long should we use? We can fix that quickly.
These are the coordinates for the middle of the line on google maps.

Lat 45.36380
Long -120.7446

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Done. If you have a list of suggested sector points that would be great too!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Ls_Rx7

Post by Ls_Rx7 »

brentp wrote:Done. If you have a list of suggested sector points that would be great too!
Awesome!

I am going there for the first time next week so I can't help you with sectors. If I can help you with anything else let me know.

Ls_Rx7

Post by Ls_Rx7 »

Does the android app not work with Version 2 yet? I upgraded to version 2 but was unable to see any data on my tablet. The led on the bluetooth module went from blinking to solid and when I opened the app on my tablet it would say that it connected to my racecapture. no data would show up though.

I flashed back to version 1.2.8 and now I can see data on my tablet.

Does version 1.2.8 support automatically finding the track you are at? How do you add tracks in version 1.2.8?

smig

Post by smig »

Ls_Rx7 wrote:Does the android app not work with Version 2 yet?
It did work for me. It even showed dynamic channels when I added them. It will stop if there is a lua script error.

Ls_Rx7

Post by Ls_Rx7 »

smig wrote:
Ls_Rx7 wrote:Does the android app not work with Version 2 yet?
It did work for me. It even showed dynamic channels when I added them. It will stop if there is a lua script error.
I think this is my issue. I tried adding the LUA script for gears and it must have had an error. I will flash version 2 again after work without the script and see if it works.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

V2 firmware definitely should work with the standing mobile app as it uses the same streaming protocol as 1.2.8 firmware. We tested it this weekend at Thunderhill on MK2. I would first try it with a blank Lua script just in case there was a script failure causing problems.

Please let us know if you are still stuck.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

lspector

Post by lspector »

Tried using V2 for the first time this weekend at Summit Point. Unfortunately, it didn't record anything at all- and there was no information to debug with. Not sure if there's an issue with the track map, or if something else went wrong.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - thanks for working to test the V2 firmware and app.

How were you trying to record, direct to SD card? Did it work on the bench during a test logging session? Were you able to read/write configuration correctly to the unit using the app?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter