No tach on tablet

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

turbo329is

No tach on tablet

Post by turbo329is »

I was able to read the tach value on the laptop and I enabled logging at a few different frequencies, but i get no tach displayed on the tablet. I'm using a samsung galaxy tab 3 8" and it's my only display except for a shift light with a tach readout. All my other sensors are displaying, but may be jumping around a bit more than they should. I would have guessed that the problem was caused by sharing the ecu signal with both the shift light and the racecapture, but since I was able to read it on the laptop I suspect the problem is with the connection to the tablet or with the android app. I should have verified that I'm logging tach values before posting this but I forgot the sd card in the racecar which is now 200 miles away.
Robert Schmitt
NASA MW SpecE30 #39
www.schmitt32.com

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

We had a separate, similar report. Could you verify the contents of the SD card? Also, what kind of signal is being passed into the RCP timer / RPM input? 5v square wave?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

turbo329is

Post by turbo329is »

I've got an empty sd card because I thought the scripting to log over 10 mph was the default. Should be fixed now.

I believe it's a square wave not sure of the voltage. It's the ecu output off of a standard motronic 1.3 in an 89 bmw 325i.
Robert Schmitt
NASA MW SpecE30 #39
www.schmitt32.com

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update. Would you be able to measure the signal with a scope and find out for certain? This would be helpful for us to know.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter