Car slowed down with trigger wheel.

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

damunk

Car slowed down with trigger wheel.

Post by damunk »

I got my trigger wheel mounted on today and I can without any doubt say my car feels slower in acceleration.

It was just a trigger wheel 4 bolts and nut attached to the pulley. It's a 110hp car.

How can one measly kilo make a difference?

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Is it really that heavy? If it is, that's quite a bit of extra weigth that adds inertia to the revolving crank, so it isn't unlikely that it is of negative influence. But if you are able to do so, remove the trigger wheel and see if you feel improvement again.

Alex

damunk

Post by damunk »

Alex B wrote:Is it really that heavy? If it is, that's quite a bit of extra weigth that adds inertia to the revolving crank, so it isn't unlikely that it is of negative influence. But if you are able to do so, remove the trigger wheel and see if you feel improvement again.

Alex
approx 700 . I'm guessed this using weights. a 0.5 and 1kg and feeling it weighed somewhere in between.

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Must admit I never weighed the one I use, but I didn't feel any sluggishness. Best to give it a try with the trigger wheel off if it isn't too much of a hassle.

Alex