Hi from York, UK

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Hutchie

Hi from York, UK

Post by Hutchie »

Hi,

My name is Phil Hutchins, and I race a mk2 Toyota MR2 in the MR2 championship here in the UK.

I have just acquired an RCP primarily to try and capture basic telemetry to analyse and merge with video to see where I can improve my driving. However as with most things, the more you do the more you want to do, so I expect I will be calling out for help from you guys that are much cleverer than me with all this "stuff"

Happy racing/tinkering!
Knowledge is power:-)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Phil! Welcome. Please share a picture of your race car when you can!

Also, after you get the system set up, what kind of sensors are you interested collecting data with?

i.e. what's the theme: monitoring engine, logging driver, or suspension dynamics?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Hutchie

Post by Hutchie »

Hi Brent,

Will do - away on business at the moment though.

I'm intending to start simple and then build on it :-)

Start with driver info - overlaying standard functionality on the video to see lap times, speeds, g force and yaw etc. but I have bought a throttle position sensor and intend to use the stars tacho input and am investigating a brake pressure sensor.

If I can get that lot working I hope that will give me some useful data to cut my teeth on!

All the best,

Phil.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Excellent, keep us posted! We'll be updating our sensors list soon with the devices we recommend.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Hutchie

Picture of race car

Post by Hutchie »

I went to upload a picture of the car but can't - system restricts to 256K my photos are over 2MB

Sorry about that :(