Megajolt randomly cuts out

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

megabob

Megajolt randomly cuts out

Post by megabob »

Hi All,

First time poster, long time user.
Ive had my megajolt in my mini for about 4 years now with no issues what so ever but now its decided to suddenly cut out randomly. So i thought i would redo all the wiring and give it a little tidy at the same time. Unfortunately the issues is still happening. when the Megajolt dies the power light on the unit goes out so it looks like its loosing all power but my mini's fuel pump is still on and all powered items in the car are still on. Also if i turn off the ignition off for a few seconds and then put it back on it seems to light-up/power on and the engine starts again.
any suggestions because I'm stumped apart from replacing the megajolt.

Cheers

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Bob,

Does your whole ignition system cut out, resulting in a mis-fire or loss of power? Or does the engine run fine on the EDIS system alone?

What version Megajolt do you have? was it built from a solder-yourself kit? It's possible there may be a loose component on board.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

megabob

Post by megabob »

Hi,

The whole system cuts out like the ignition has been turned off at the key.

I'm not too sure on the version number but its a Megajolt lite Jr, was bought as a pre-built unit from trigger-wheels just had to wire it in and setup a map.

I've temporally set it up to run on the same flip switch that runs the fuel pump which is a direct feed from the battery, done about 20 miles in it since. still keeping an eye on it though.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

If the system is randomly cutting out hard, that typically means the EDIS module is losing power, or it's losing synchronization with the trigger wheel. I would first check sensor clearance, alignment and runout; then double check your wiring connections.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter