New project, noob questions.

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Lekore

New project, noob questions.

Post by Lekore »

Buying up some of the ancilliary bits to prep for an install on a 2L pinto running bike carbs. Got a few questions on things I'm not sure about:

1] MAP/TPS - Can you get a megajolt that is capable of doing *BOTH*? Reason being - my carbs have TPS built in, BUT I might add forced induction to the equation in the future so MAP might come in handy

2] Assuming 1] isn't a viable option I need to tap my manifold runners for VAC lines. Looking at these: Link. What sort of size would be best? Thinking 1/4" so it's small but not fiddly, what size tubing to go with it?

3] Is fitting one of these in addition to the vacuum resevoir advisable?:link. Again assuming I end up running MAP.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Current Megajolt systems have the TPS section enabled, but you can only run one or the other. If you want to start off with TPS, it's best to get the TPS version *then* add the MAP sensor later by soldering in the pressure sensor. It's a fairly simple procedure.

The ideal vacuum line to a MAP sensor is about 0.1" - basically, the smallest vacuum line you can source.

The anti pulse chamber is a good idea as well when combining signals from multiple runners.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Lekore

Post by Lekore »

Thanks, that sounds perfect!