Configure output to drive speedo w 8600 pulses per mile.

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Phil E.

Configure output to drive speedo w 8600 pulses per mile.

Post by Phil E. »

Need to drive my digital speedo with square wave signal of 8600 pulses per mile. How do you configure one of the pulse outputs to read the GPS and output that pulse rate?
-Penn Taproom Silvercup Racing #24 Bmw E30. 325is
-Silvercup Racing #61 BMW e36 325i
-Bespoke Bacon Rally Baby Racing #75 Amc Turbo Whorenet

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

That's a good idea. The mechanical speedometer in my car has been notoriously troublesome, and with tire size changes it is tough to get it accurate as well. Fortunatly there is an electronic speedometer option available from the later models. I might have to look into this.

I imagine that this would have to be scripted. My scripting knowledge is pretty rough, but I think you would need some combination of the commands 'getGpsSpeed' and 'setPwmPeriod( port, period )'. Would need to set some variables and do some math as well. http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptur ... aScripting

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

This will ideally be handed via scripting, yes. Let us work on finishing the Lua API reference and we'll add this use case as one of many sample scripts!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Phil E.

Post by Phil E. »

brentp wrote:This will ideally be handed via scripting, yes. Let us work on finishing the Lua API reference and we'll add this use case as one of many sample scripts!
Thanks - we are racing 14 Hours of Daytona on May 26th. We would very much like to have this unit up and running for that event. We also "need" the bluetooth android app for our cockpit mounted tablet. Any chance these two things will be available before we head to Daytona? Thanks! Phil
-Penn Taproom Silvercup Racing #24 Bmw E30. 325is
-Silvercup Racing #61 BMW e36 325i
-Bespoke Bacon Rally Baby Racing #75 Amc Turbo Whorenet