Hello in MA

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

dimondjack

Hello in MA

Post by dimondjack »

Hi, my name is David! I've been designing a very similar data acq system over the past three years but have been stymied by the fact that my house, racing, building a garage, getting married, and finally actually work have priority over building this system. I'd still like to tinker on it and complete it, but I also really want data for tuning.

I race a rotax kart as well as a 24 hours of lemons car. I'm planning on using the real time telemetry with the lemons car to help with driver feedback during the race. My "stable" includes an '88 MR2 SC (with help from Bill Strong's forum), my '94 rx7 summer driver, and a 1971 SAAB 96 that I restored a while back.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what can be done with the expansion port. I'm used to embedded C, but hopefully I'll pick up whatever this is coded in quickly.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi David! I race Lemons too (https://www.facebook.com/teamjaywatch). Hopefully it will prevent us from blowing up our 6th engine :)